• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vintage! Vintage! Vintage!

Harv

Who is all going?

i know there are threads on FB but I thought I’d start one here. 

Im leaving Cleveland mid morning on Thursday. I’ll be trailering straight down the 77. 

Who’s in?

john

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

For all you midwesterners--caravan departing Lexington KY around noon; down I-75 to Corbin KY; US 25E to I-81, then I-40 and on to Asheville. See Jake's post of a couple of days ago for all the details.  

See y'all there...

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Some of us in VA and MD will be leaving my area Thursday about 7:30-8Am. Our traditional route down 95 then cutting West over 360, 29 and 40.  Hoping to arrive in Asheville around 6 pm.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

1 hour ago, RobC said:

We have a small caravan heading from Nashville on Thursday around 8ish or so. 

Wow, there's enough 02ers in Nashville to warrant a caravan!

I'm 60 mile SE of you, but I only know of 1 '02er in Nashville.

Have fun.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

4 hours ago, dlmrun2002 said:

Anyone from NYC Mertro area running to Vintage on Thursday? If I  go I'd be on the road 5 or 6 AM, most likely on Rte 81 most of the way..

TIA

dlm

I'll be leaving Thursday morning from NJ.  No 2002 though.  Still in pieces.  I'll be taking the M3 down.  Hopefully I'll be seeing a bunch of oldies on the way! 

1972 2002tii // 2008 M3

New England Caravan meets at the Charlton Plaza on I-90 W between 7:30-8am Wednesday. Plan to drive to Winchester VA for the night and meet up with the NoVa guys at the Crazy Greek for lunch Thursday.

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

35 minutes ago, jp5Touring said:

Planned on taking my E39 Touring but I doubt I will have my new interior swapped in

Hey, all you need is a driver's seat!  This ain't no concours!  Bring 'er, with or without the other seats!

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

11 hours ago, mike said:

Hey, all you need is a driver's seat!  This ain't no concours!  Bring 'er, with or without the other seats!

mike

Ha,  I suggested we leave a day late so I could maybe finish it, did not go over well.

If e39's were eligible to be in the show I would finish it, but it's only 17yo,tis a joy to drive

36983715672_ee7ac4abcd_z.jpgBMW E39 Touring by

Edited by jp5Touring
math
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, 02Les said:

Wow, there's enough 02ers in Nashville to warrant a caravan!

I'm 60 mile SE of you, but I only know of 1 '02er in Nashville.

Have fun.

There are 4 of us in Franklin / Nashville, if you decide to ever head up here for a cars and coffee shoot me a PM and perhaps we can get everyone to bring their 02's.

Thanks

Rob

Looking forward to my first Vintage experience with the 76' Chamonix.

I'm heading down from Richmond VA Friday morning and plan on tent camping at the Hot Springs resort F and S evening.

Hope to meet some of you there.

Joe

• Like 1

Series 1, 1969 2002

Instagram: joseiden_bmwerke

On 5/12/2018 at 10:07 PM, jp5Touring said:

Going down Tuesday to enjoy the area, then head to Asheville Thursday.

No 2002 but will be a fact finding and searching for a roundie  to buy.

Planned on taking my E39 Touring but I doubt I will have my new interior swapped in .

Hey, think I saw you at a Cars and Coffee last fall.  We have 4 cars from the kzoo area that will be down at the show.  I've got the '69 Colorado 02 "Kindle", make sure you say Hi!

• Like 1

1969 2002a