• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where does the smart money go?

joysterm

I would pick the green one as well.  I looked at it this morning and for the money and time left on the bidding, it seems like a good buy.  Unless I missed something glaring out at me.

I know the guy who built the white one and it's a quality build.  He definitely did it right.  I know the engine bay isn't detailed out like the rest of the car but, he had different plans for it and things changed.  Also knowing everything he did to it, he's not going to be making huge profit off of it.  Looks great though.

My "fun" cars so far:                                                                                                                                                                                                            My restoration website:

1976 BMW 2002a                                                                                                                                                                                                           http://www.2002and914.com

1975 Porsche 914

That's an interesting question because they are pretty different.  Almost as different as can be.  

My answer is based on the reality that I have a tii.  I have Siegelesque tendencies to want to buy more of them, but I don't know why.  What do you do with duplicates of the same car?  I've had that internal dialog.  

I love the green one (come on those wheels are brilliant) but I would take the white one simply because I don't have a 2002 Hot Rod.  I would constantly race Eurotrash on the streets of Cincy until we were both jailed.  (not really I drive like a Grandmother).  

So white one for me.  Decision doesn't have to do with what I think it would be worth some day; it's more about doing Danco-style peel outs at will.  

Scott

02ing since '87

'72 tii Euro  //  '21 330i x //  '14 BMW X5  //  '12 VW Jetta GLI

Green #1 for me, because it appears rust free and original.  The photos are great...looks like a car that get's driven a lot.  Second place- white because it would be fun to drive, but maybe not for the long haul.  Golf Tii is hard to pass up, but this one has been riden hard and put away wet.  Prior to inspecting pictures, my order was complete opposite- golf, white, green.   Long term investment-golf Tii #1

'73 2002tii Colorado

'71 1600 cabriolet

'69 1600 cabriolet

I sell floor pans for coupes and 2002's