• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where does the smart money go?

joysterm

I'd buy one off the faq.

Or c-list.

These 'auction' things are not particularly good value for the purchaser, nor, I would argue,

representative of what cars are selling for locally.

t

hates barenett jacksonny.

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

17 hours ago, rstclark said:

There's an argument for each one but as an investment and an appreciate asset, it's the 72 Tii hands down . Let's see where the price goes. ???

green one sold for........................... $12k

the squaretail, white hot rod............$30k

4 days left on the tii...at $6k so far.

Edited by mlytle

2xM3

Couldn't agree  more  Was there just a time warp and prices jumped ? 

I'm sure the seller is happy and more power to him  Congratulations are in order

Sometimes prices get out of control on Bring A Trailer  It is very fair to the seller because every time there is a bid at the very end, it throws two more minutes on the clock   It's not like Ebay or other auction sites where you can snipe an item. 

If you look at the end, it became a bit of a bidding war with eventual buyer saying earlier that he was done only to come back and pop 30K

If this were a straight negotiated sale between the seller and the buyer it most likely would not have reached this price.

I just barely had to make this exact decision! I was all caught up in buying a tii. I found one last week and had an inspection done. Even put down a deposit. For me it came down to wether I wanted something as a project or something that I could drive on the weekends and fix and tune the motor over the winter months. Eventually, I bought a 73 because it was in really good shape with basically no rust an a lot of extras that I wanted.

I passed up a fairly decent red 74 tii out in Virginia. It had a few rust problems but nothing that somebody with some talent couldn't fix fairly easily. It's still available and not listed on any of the popular sites. If anybody wants the link to the page let me know. I paid $250 to have the inspection done. I am happy to send the report and pics the inspector took. I'm not affiliated with car in any way. Just thought somebody might be interested. They are asking $15,999 and accepted my offer of $15k. It just had some rust issues that I am not ready to deal with right now.  

As for me on the 3 options. I down with the yellow one. You just don't see enough of those really cool 2002 colors anymore. 

Edited by Jbaumshelter
forgot to vote