• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

Sorry for the tiny posts.  The reality is that I've been quite taken up with homework.  Getting to do something small on the 02 is a way to incentivize finishing homework during the week.

Ran the vacuum lines to connect everything up.  Then put in the center 1/2" hose fitting onto the manifold (also from Vibrant), its hose will then run to the booster.  

IMG-3825

IMG-3824

Next little project will be modifying the Lokar throttle cable to work with the redline bottom mount throttle mechanism.  After that it will be sorting out coolant hoses.  Baby steps.

• Like 12

2 hours ago, AceAndrew said:

Sorry for the tiny posts.  The reality is that I've been quite taken up with homework.  Getting to do something small on the 02 is a way to incentivize finishing homework during the week.

Ran the vacuum lines to connect everything up.  Then put in the center 1/2" hose fitting onto the manifold (also from Vibrant), its hose will then run to the booster.  

IMG-3825

IMG-3824

Next little project will be modifying the Lokar throttle cable to work with the redline bottom mount throttle mechanism.  After that it will be sorting out coolant hoses.  Baby steps.

This is art.

• Like 4

Engine bay OCD is a real problem

@02carbs 

On 10/25/2023 at 3:46 PM, AceAndrew said:

IMG-3825

IMG-3824

Love your carburetor stand, Andrew. It took me a second to figure out what I was looking at !

The whole induction system you have put together gets a big thumbs up from me. Well done. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

For a few weeks, my brake warning light has been flickering, despite a full reservoir (it's an early '71, so the light is only for the fluid level). Very annoying, especially at night. 

Took things apart and found that the float, didn't. The grommet had failed, letting brake fluid inside. 

20231027_18180301.thumb.jpg.1d185df9351fe048f032794d375e679d.jpg

Thankfully I had a couple old corks in the junk drawer, so I cut one in half to match the thickness of the original float, pushed an awl through the center, and pressed it onto the float rod. I love free fixes... 

20231027_18172901.thumb.jpg.493cb1e5be406c28cca4298a8ed3e25f.jpg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Colorado '71 2002

'17 VW GTI Sport
'10 Honda Odyssey Family & Stuff Hauler

On 10/22/2023 at 11:45 AM, BarneyT said:

Today I took these two out for a 30 mile drive to make sure they are ready for Terry & Debbie Sayther’s 02berfest in Kerrville, Texas next weekend…Don Derham is driving the Inka Tii (will be his first time looking over a shiny Inka hood in a while)and my grandson Breyden Clark is driving the Baur…

IMG_7797.thumb.jpeg.d1fb0f78a044dc9283d24dbc4e9cdca2.jpegIMG_7798.thumb.jpeg.bb3f566041cf51293d2068c7eeb0f100.jpegIMG_7796.thumb.jpeg.0020821485d9644a5de9d180ac150ccc.jpeg

We need a "jealousy" icon for the reactions... 🤣

• Like 5

Life is short, enjoy the ride!
L'Ultimo Ciclista, 200Km race, Nove Colli 2012

1976 Mint Grun

Philip

One step Closer to a running car. Going to be tight to make it to SoCal Vintage event but I’m shooting for it. 

It’s looking like an engine bay again. 
Small steps tonight:

-realigned the SS exhaust system, added the hanger inserts (modified to fit) and tightened it down.  Feels solid now. 
-installed the distributor mount and distributor, plug wires. 
-replaced both heater hoses. 
-looked at my left side (drivers) motor mount and contemplated how to get to the inboard bolt lol. Everyone says it’s easy to do but I can’t fit a socket on it and no room to turn a wrench. Would love advice. It’s a tii so the kfisher is in the way. So is the starter. 

image.thumb.jpeg.d0a20678e684dd268d1ee146f073a7b2.jpeg

All that’s left:

-check valves 

-put oil in

-burp tensioner

-button up front cover and valve cover

-install radiator, hoses, coolant

-install intake manifold, runners, plenum 

Thats about it. Although I’m missing a few parts (intake studs and gaskets) so that’s stalled. 
Also need to install new ball joints when I take the front apart again to add the washers, then torque down everything on suspension and add cotter pins. Most have been torqued already. 

• Like 8

2003 e39 M5 (daily)

1986 e30 325es (sons car)

1972 2002tii (fun daily alternative)

1 hour ago, Pablo M said:

One step Closer to a running car. Going to be tight to make it to SoCal Vintage event but I’m shooting for it. 

It’s looking like an engine bay again. 
Small steps tonight:

-realigned the SS exhaust system, added the hanger inserts (modified to fit) and tightened it down.  Feels solid now. 
-installed the distributor mount and distributor, plug wires. 
-replaced both heater hoses. 
-looked at my left side (drivers) motor mount and contemplated how to get to the inboard bolt lol. Everyone says it’s easy to do but I can’t fit a socket on it and no room to turn a wrench. Would love advice. It’s a tii so the kfisher is in the way. So is the starter. 

image.thumb.jpeg.d0a20678e684dd268d1ee146f073a7b2.jpeg

All that’s left:

-check valves 

-put oil in

-burp tensioner

-button up front cover and valve cover

-install radiator, hoses, coolant

-install intake manifold, runners, plenum 

Thats about it. Although I’m missing a few parts (intake studs and gaskets) so that’s stalled. 
Also need to install new ball joints when I take the front apart again to add the washers, then torque down everything on suspension and add cotter pins. Most have been torqued already. 

You’ve come a long way! 🤞🏻 fingers crossed parts will arrive!

• Like 2

HiPo head work. New valve seals. Moving bits assembled. Valves to be adjusted in a bit. Hideous to work when there is barely room to move around the garage. Too many things to do. ÄOh well.

20231028_142905.jpg

20231028_171228.jpg

20231028_143854.jpg

20231028_151230.jpg

20231028_151144.jpg

20231028_143813.jpg

20231028_170603.jpg

• Like 13

2002 -73 M2, 2002 -71 forced induction. bnr32 -91

Some more cutting out rust and welding in some small repair panels.

First repair at the front edge of the floor where the shock tower panel gets welded onto

spacer.png

And one in the middle, after some consideration, I think we might go ahead and remove the reinforcement bracket between the two shock towers since there is quite some rust on the inside and between the flanges and the floor.

However, we will proceed to weld in the shock tower panel to get some more strength back into the car.

Afterwards we will remove the reinforcement panel

That's also why I haven't fully welded in the new repair panel, I might need to remove a little bit more metal.

spacer.png

Next up was repairing the lower section of the outer wheel well, it was completely rusted through, turned out very good if I say so myself!

spacer.png

spacer.png

And finally a small section on the edge of the panel. That's it for rust repairs, we should be able to fit everything into the car next time, attach the lower section of the outer wheel well to the rest of the panel. 

And spotweld it to the shocktower!

spacer.png

• Like 11

Took the day off work to work on the car. I patched my pedal box and put on a coat of primer. First time welding  something from the car. I was hoping to get more done but ended up having to patch a second spot (not shown). Welds were cleaned up a bit more after the second pic. 

IMG_2514.thumb.jpeg.606c20abf1afef994d694330ef3c3c79.jpeg

IMG_2544.thumb.jpeg.8b1780c5ee1a4ab92699589d6de8a865.jpeg

• Like 5