• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

1 hour ago, golf02 said:

Today I went through 1/2 of my carburetors, it started with a hooped starter, remove carbs, look at carbs, open spare parts stash and viola two dcoe rebuild kits, so well project creep strikes! And no I have not taken the starter out yet.

F0B4F63E-9E15-4F80-8935-1A4197A5B1DD.jpeg

9E77A804-8E34-4828-86B9-C7D5BA2FBF6F.jpeg

1B4B54ED-4E10-4346-B026-C3701334731A.jpeg

Starters are for wusses. Just park on a hill.

:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

7 minutes ago, flagoworld said:

Test fit! Looks like ill need to do something with the battery as it doesn’t fit there ?

The never ending struggle ?

A01E15B0-64AE-48DB-BAFF-A94516879206.jpeg

If your talking under the back seat for battery, I used an AGM Miata battery under seat, You can lay down battery if you have too but I left mine upright and it fits

13 minutes ago, flagoworld said:

Test fit! Looks like ill need to do something with the battery as it doesn’t fit there ?

The never ending struggle ?

A01E15B0-64AE-48DB-BAFF-A94516879206.jpeg

No one sits back there 

?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ray

4 minutes ago, rcf925 said:

If your talking under the back seat for battery, I used an AGM Miata battery under seat, You can lay down battery if you have too but I left mine upright and it fits

with e24 seats? I couldn’t even get my amp to fit under the e24 seats. 

22 minutes ago, Mike G said:

with e24 seats? I couldn’t even get my amp to fit under the e24 seats. 

Yeah i need about a half inch more space and i have a motorcycle battery under there... For now, since as ray says no one sits there, im just gonna leave that one seat floating there

'74 Verona

15 minutes ago, flagoworld said:

Yeah i need about a half inch more space and i have a motorcycle battery under there... For now, since as ray says no one sits there, im just gonna leave that one seat floating there

Huh... I actually may have enough space by about 1mm. I just need to reorganize the battery cable so it goes to the side of the battery instead of overtop. Damn, how lucky is that?

'74 Verona

Out with the old, in with the new. Finished up the 3.91 LSD, H&R springs, Bilstein, rebuilt driveshaft, new brake pads & drum install today. Shake down run felt great - except for the 14mm wrench that fell out of some nook in the underbody about 1/4mi into the run. Luckily I was listening intently and heard it drop and was able to circle back and grab it from the center of the road without even getting out of the car!

IMG_20200831_122426010_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200902_090522.jpg

• Like 4

My plates/stickers finally arrived!

Took Survivor on the first drive since being pushed into my garage 17 months ago. 

Probably its first foray onto the roads as a street legal car in 27 years.

It performed pretty good considering how long it's been out of action , put 30 miles on it and drove home without a hiccup. 

It still needs some tinkering of course. Its running way rich, I can smell it and idle is a little ragged.

Time to check the float level maybe just put on another carb.

But it drove well, stopped well in a straight line and the 5 speed transmission is quiet and shifts smooth.

Nice to have a smile on my face, its been awhile

IMG_2135.JPG

Edited by tech71
  • Like 9

76 2002 Survivor

71 2002 Franzi

85 318i  Doris

Chamonix ‘73 

No pics so perhaps it didn’t happen...

bled the brakes and clutch, installed the P clamps on the parking brake cables. I installed the new center link, new inner and outer tierod ends and blasted/painted/installed the old tie rod center sections. I put the front wheels on the car just because. I finally drilled the rivets on the heater box. What a mess of nut shells and maple seeds. After removing the seized fan motor I was able to free it up and get it running nicely again. 

Next time out I’ll focus more on the heater box so I can get it back in and then install the steering column.

• Like 3

After installing the Hellas, A/C and stereo I was getting a little jump in my fuel and water gauges, After reading a few posts on the topic, I decided I should try upgrading the negative battery post-to-body ground, as the current wire was only 10 gauge and connected to the soldered on relay holder.  Found a spare hot battery cable, connected it to the closest radiator bolt mount, and voila — rock solid needles.  Thanks for saving me doing something stupid like pulling out the instrument panel.  Yes, I promise to get a more correct cable and a more correct mounting point sometime this decade.

188AE594-0A55-47CC-BC2D-8AA29C472CDC.jpeg

‘74 Fjord 2002tii (Zouave)

’80 Alpenweiss 528i (Evelyn)

’05 R53 Chili Red Mini S

‘56 Savage Model 99 in .250-3000

Finally fixed the seat runner bolt that had sheared off years (and years, and years) ago!

20200905_111115.jpg

20200905_111044.jpg

• Like 1

1970 Granada 1600 "The 16",  2000 528i Siena Red "The 5",  1968 Mustang 289 Muscle Car Blue, 

1999 318ti M Package Green,  1982 633CSi 5 speed Blue,  2011 550i M Package Black (6 speed manual)

22 minutes ago, 0257 said:

After installing the Hellas, A/C and stereo I was getting a little jump in my fuel and water gauges, After reading a few posts on the topic, I decided I should try upgrading the negative battery post-to-body ground, as the current wire was only 10 gauge and connected to the soldered on relay holder.  Found a spare hot battery cable, connected it to the closest radiator bolt mount, and voila — rock solid needles.  Thanks for saving me doing something stupid like pulling out the instrument panel.  Yes, I promise to get a more correct cable and a more correct mounting point sometime this decade.

188AE594-0A55-47CC-BC2D-8AA29C472CDC.jpeg

Well you do have a dubious history of letting the smoke out.

??

• Haha 1

Ray