• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

Freed up the LR brake adjusters - thanks to the Hack Mechanic article!  Of course, while I'm in there, I decide "I guess I should just go ahead and replace these brake cylinders".  The old brake pipe is going to take some work to free up.  Also doing some more clean-up in the wheel well and under the car and around the rear sub-frame and....  Well I can see I'll be working on the rear end awhile, both sides...

• Like 4

Heat that b___h up and pound it all the way on with a hammer and a wood block!  That is, if you don’t want to hear it tinkling away behind you on the 5 some day….

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

‘74 Fjord 2002tii (Zouave)

’80 Alpenweiss 528i (Evelyn)

’05 R53 Chili Red Mini S

‘56 Savage Model 99 in .250-3000

Continuing onward with the rear brakes, I've removed the LR cylinder.  Dispite all efforts, a cylinder hex bolt broke off and I had to cut the brake line (steel brake pipe) to remove it.

Question - what have ya'll found to be the simplest way to replace one of these steel brake lines (pipes).  Apparently I cannot simply order one of them.

68134255216__D26260E6-59D6-42C9-9920-39C7EE518038.JPEG

1 hour ago, its55 said:

Continuing onward with the rear brakes, I've removed the LR cylinder.  Dispite all efforts, a cylinder hex bolt broke off and I had to cut the brake line (steel brake pipe) to remove it.

Question - what have ya'll found to be the simplest way to replace one of these steel brake lines (pipes).  Apparently I cannot simply order one of them.

68134255216__D26260E6-59D6-42C9-9920-39C7EE518038.JPEG

That's a rear wheel cylinder.  Pre-bent brake lines:

https://www.blunttech.com/shop/1522btkt

• Like 2

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif

1 hour ago, its55 said:

Ouch on those brake lines tho - I think I'll be fabricating investigating my own!

Check with AceAndrew - he might have another brake line solution.   https://www.bmw2002faq.com/profile/37391-aceandrew/

• Like 1

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif

It's a short line so easy to DIY n replace.  Autozone and others will loan out a brake bending and flare kit for free.

Would take old line with me to match the fittings and the flare. 

$20. for a wheel cylinder another $15. for a line and two fittings.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, its55 said:

When I replaced LF lines, I ordered from BMW with 10 weeks delivery. Cancelled my order and purchased proper lines from Belmetric and bend them myself.

If you decide to go this route you need 22" line.

59f406ef9b6c5b99867a2d28eb290567665986da
BELMETRIC.COM

Bel-Metric sells metric hardware & specialty automotive supplies nationwide. Visit our website to purchase metric fasteners, nuts, bolts, Time-Sert kits & more.

• Like 6

76 2002 Sienabraun

2015 BMW F10