• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New ride on the way...69 Nevada 2002

jgerock

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My first 02 was Sahara, great color. Where are all the cracks on the dash?

Will it make the trip to Mid-Am Fest?

Congratulations!!

Don

Don

1973 Sahara # too long ago, purchased in 1978 sold in 1984

1973 Chamonix # 2589243 Katrina Victim, formerly in the good sawzall hands of Baikal.2002 and gone to heaven.

1973 Inka # 2587591 purchased from Mike McCurdy, Dec 2007

Going to a good steward. Looking forward to seeing the progress.

Going to swap the flag mirror for a trapezoid?

Any possibility of this making it to The Vintage?

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

nice find have fun.........:)

'69 2002 (M2 for 2012) daily driver

'71 911 T (2.4s) powered Weekend joyride

'67 VW Crew Cab Turbo truck parts hauler

--------------------------------------------------

www.eurovintageparts.com

Awesome Car! I'm not sure of the exact VIN cutovers on everything but I did observe some little changes from my 5/68 1661250

It has a different emissions label and US safety sticker, Later trunk rods without the black caps on the props, dual circuit brakes. but it still has embossed trim on the hood beltiline, red-dot centers, Flat US spec two bulb front indicators, also no antenna or radio, and a nearly perfect ribbed tray dash!

--> 1968 2002 <--

Thanks for all the positive comments. To me, the interior is the best part of the car (especially the dash). I have lots of bodywork to do, but I already have a nose from a '71 Sahara courtesy of KC Donahue in MD.

The car currently doesn't run so I will be charged $ 150 extra to have it hauled here using a trailer equipped with a winch. The PO had a local shop squirt some oil in the plug holes but didn't try to free the engine.

I doubt the front embossed trim piece is original to the car - I have no clue when BMW changed that trim to the smooth piece.

The flag DS mirror will be replaced by a trapezoid (on both sides).

Short neck differential and dual circuit brakes confirm it is a "late '69", but it retains the red center tail lamps. It appears to still have the smog pump and plumbing which is kind of rare for a CA car.

I have a set of old deep bucket grills I removed from my tii that will be used on it (eventually) but may take the plunge on some new ones from BLUNT during the upcoming sale.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Congrats Jim! Glad you found one. Looks like a great start. Definitely keep those black plates. Mine starts with ZBL, registered just a tad earlier than yours was.

-Matt

Matt - I was hoping the '71 Riviera was still FS. I called and someone else got it. Thanks again to you and your dad for the inspection on that one.

Jim

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"