• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New ride on the way...69 Nevada 2002

jgerock

My, this is moving along with alacrity.

;-)

Ray

Jim, do you have any idea what shop you will use for the respray or are you going to spray it yourself. the reason I ask is that I'm restoring the wagon this year and I'm looing for a good but resonable priced shop.

Terry - I will ask the guy who painted my VW if he will take on the bodywork and paint that I cannot do.

Car has yet to be picked up in AZ :(

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Car is to be picked up on 4/8 and delivered on the 12th..

I hate auto transport brokers (no offense to those who do the actual work like Bill Williams).

Had a horrible time trying to get Vern shipped. After a month of no one wanting to do the job, we said F it, flew out to Colorado and drove him 3,100 miles home.

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

Car is to be picked up on 4/8 and delivered on the 12th..

I hate auto transport brokers (no offense to those who do the actual work like Bill Williams).

You need to do a "welcome home" party when she arrives

"When the government fears the People, that is Liberty. When the People fear the Government, that is tyranny."

- Thomas Jefferson

Great looking car - the interior is wonderful shape - seats and dash look really good - shock towers too - you know I think I saw a kit advertised to put cracks in your dash for aged authenticity!

Look forward to following the work! Sweet start!

Charlie

1973 '02 - Chamonix White

1977 320i - Madeira

{option}

You have one huge order on the way to you Jim. I think it shipped out yesterday

Thanks for the update Steve.

I already received (1) box last week with the tie rods, center link, trailing arm bushings and ball joints.

I was negotiating the shipment of the car while doing booth duty in Orlando.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Jim, looking forward to the arrival. For what is worth, I am not driving any longer. But for what is worth, dealing with shipping brokers is a real crap shoot. I think it better to deal with companies who actually do the transport themselves.

Brokers do not play well with transporters and transporters do not play well with brokers. Profit gets diluted, responsibility gets murky and commitments, well through those out of the window.

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

Hi Jim,

Wanted to chime in here and wish you well in your new project! Nevada has always been one of my favorite colors. Fresh paint on that car will be gorgeous!!!...and once this car gets in your capable hands I'm sure it will be a show winner! Good luck with it!

John

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

'72tii engine VIN 2760081 - waiting on a rebuild

"Keep your revs up and watch your mirrors!"

I remember the last time I had a car shipped with a broker. When I got my Mini, it was shipped from Florida. The broker called me and told me it would be 500 to ship - cash only.

When the car showed up on the transport - we unloaded it and got it running. I went to pay the driver and I said "How much?". $400 he said. Paid him right there. I thought "Great! A discount".

Got a call a few days later from a really irritated broker in Utah - "You shorted us".

No I didn't. I paid the driver.

"You weren't supposed to pay him. The last 100 was my cut".

Good grief. I sent him a check.

FAQ Member # 2616

"What do you mean NEXT project?"

-- My wife.

I remember the last time I had a car shipped with a broker. When I got my Mini, it was shipped from Florida. The broker called me and told me it would be 500 to ship - cash only.

When the car showed up on the transport - we unloaded it and got it running. I went to pay the driver and I said "How much?". $400 he said. Paid him right there. I thought "Great! A discount".

Got a call a few days later from a really irritated broker in Utah - "You shorted us".

FAQ Member # 2616

"What do you mean NEXT project?"

-- My wife.

Sorry to hear this news Ken. My broker said I could only pay either by cashier's check or cash. They have been "burned" by fake money orders in the past. Hope I can get the car pushed in the garage when it finally arrives.

Jim Gerock

Here are a couple more pictures.

Looks like an original exhaust heat shield

1969BMW2002018.jpg

Good flocking inside glove box. Hope some manuals come with the car.

DSC_3374.jpg

Sunroof will need some TLC

DSC_3375.jpg

DSC_3380.jpg

Looks like an original early heater valve

DSC_3383.jpg

Starter has been replaced at one point

DSC_3385.jpg

Fuse box and adjacent stickers. New fuse box cover received from BLUNT.

DSC_3386.jpg

Heater box and wiper motor

DSC_3388.jpg

Door will need close inspection

DSC_3395.jpg

Jim Gerock