• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chris's (only02) $$32k 02

BLUNT

There was a guy that said he would eat someones sock or jock on another board. If any of you know him, tell him to start chowing....

Haha, that was Ray. It was said in jest though im sure. Ray is a top bloke and great 02er. I know Ray is well into his 02 and would only have congratulations to say to Chris.

6780296635_13fa58faa3_b.jpg

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

good for him. seems like a lot of $$ but the buyer got what they wanted which is a well sorted 02. a lot of time and craftsmanship in that car so I think it's a square deal. I overpaid for my 02, but I love it and there isn't another like it around. If I had a blank check and the right car came along I'd gladly pay a premium.

congrats to the seller, but for those of us without money to burn, this sale only hurts. i want to get into these cars, but that seems to be fading away with the rises in prices we've seen as of late. :(

The price of his car is irrelevant to your wanting one. They go from $200 to $31,100 in price, so pick one out and go to work like this seller did.

I for one am Very glad to see that the $15,000 I have in mine is well invested.

GREAT SALE

GOOD FOR YOU AND E-BAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Send lots of picks fron Newfundland

75 2002: weber, ANSA, lowered, 14" wheels, new engine, new suspension, rust free & square.

Heheheh....

Ok, I am pleasantly surprised.

My comment in no way reflected that the car was not worth the money. Just that I did not think the market would support that price and that the winning bidder history did not correlate as an '02er.

Congrats to Chris and the buyer!

Cheers,

Ray

There was a guy that said he would eat someones sock or jock on another board. If any of you know him, tell him to start chowing....

Haha, that was Ray. It was said in jest though im sure. Ray is a top bloke and great 02er. I know Ray is well into his 02 and would only have congratulations to say to Chris.

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

your car gets whacked and the other guy's (or your!) insurance company tries to lowball you...

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

The big surprise for me is not that it was a nice car, but it was a car with fender flares. In my mind, that is something you did on a car that was almost written off. Like mine. Or you did it to a car when the type was plentiful and not worth much. This is a moment in o2 history.

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

Chris deserves every cent he got for the car, he spent a lot of time and money on it. In the past couple of years, with the dollar tanking against the Euro, replacement parts have skyrocketed. I have my fully sorted/gone through/restored/whatever you want to call it Euro-look stock sunroff tii on Ebay, and I'm very curious to see where this goes, although I'll be fine if it stays here. 15 months of work and money in it, and a done car should pull a premium, as most cars offered need a 'little TLC" (Time, Labor and Cash). Chris is a brave man to do it non-reserve, my ball joints aren't that big. Since Chris' car is a turn key car, that fact deserves a significant premium. Ebay is fraught with pitfalls, but so is the rest of life. Caveat Emptor, my rule is I don't buy a car I don't see in person, or by someone I know personally who's opinion I trust. But we all know what opinions are like......!

Jeff

Stay tuned for more of SoCal Vintage BMW
http://www.SoCalVintageBMW.com
BMW CCA Member #423513

with all of the scams that we've all seen on ebay, and the random bid ups on cars that did not seem like they were even close to what they sold for, I think everyone can understand why some were reluctant to believe the sale was authentic. I'm incredibly happy to see a someone get top dollar for a premium example of our cars. I think everyone can agree that our cars get a lot of looks, and more than their share of "Ooooooo's" and "Ahhhhhhh's" when they're driven around. I know I personally get a lot of thumbs up's and "cool car" comments when I drive mine around. Let's hope this trend continues.

-=Scott=-

My Short Bus

rotate.php

1971 2002 - "William Grover-Williams" - Track/Weekend Car VIN 2579197

1998 740iL E38 - "Blau" - Daily Driver

http://gallery.xfiler.com

The big surprise for me is not that it was a nice car, but it was a car with fender flares. In my mind, that is something you did on a car that was almost written off. Like mine. Or you did it to a car when the type was plentiful and not worth much. This is a moment in o2 history.

John

Lessee...I have a Schwarz '02, I have a brand new set of OEM turbo flares hidden from my wife, I have two sets of sought-after wheels......KACHING!

Seriously, Congrats to Chris, to the buyer, and to all of us that have been laughed at by friends and family for spending too much money and time on our funny little old cars.

Now that the 2002 and its variants are going up in value steadily, what will be the Next Big Thing? E21 Baur cabrio's, I hope ;-D

HarryPR

BMWCCA #19290