• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ireland Engineering Doesn't Respond Suggestions?

So after hearing about all the problems getting problems resolved I went ahead and ordered one of distributors.   Order process went well and it arrive fairly quickly    After opening shipping container which was intact I noticed the box it was in was pretty rough, had obviously been opened and so I thought well good it had been looked at

Well, it is a piece of junk    It binds on spinning, incredible amount of side play and the shaft looks bent.   Ok so lets get a resolution

Call the number and get directed to email them    Emailed two of them and all I get is crickets.  And of course I am in a hurry.

Any advice on resolution before I start fraud investigation/report folks?   I guess they really have gotten as bad as I have heard before this

Thanks in advance for any insights.   

Bummer about your result but when inquiring on a product from their catalog last week I emailed Andrew, in tech support and heard back relatively quickly. Good luck!

'72 Malaga 23Mar1972

'72 Malaga 11Jul1972
'09 Impreza
'11 Specialized hybrid

Sorry you're having problems.  I've placed two orders from IE and they both arrived missing pieces.  BUT, they fixed the issue right away and overnighted the missing pieces. 

I was never successful in reaching them via phone, but they were responsive to email.  Here are the last few email addresses I received replies from.  If I were in your shoes I'd email them all.  

tiboohr.iem@gmail.com

pmccarthy.iem@gmail.com

athorum.iem@gmail.com

Good luck

5 hours ago, FunElan said:

Sometimes they might be faster to reach if you DM them on instagram

I think that might be the third horseman of the apocolypse, right there...

t

• Haha 4

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

Dispute the charge on your credit card and buy a 123.

:)

• Like 1

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

10 minutes ago, ray_ said:

Dispute the charge on your credit card and buy a 123.

... from https://www.blunttech.com/

I recently purchased an axle for my old Subaru and was reminded of how nice they are to deal with.  I sent an email at night, on a weekend, expecting to hear back on Monday, but got a response a few minutes later.  

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, ray_ said:

Dispute the charge on your credit card and

Get your old dist rebuilt and curved to your needs then install a electronic trigger.

• Like 5

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944

N52 engine swap.  Ignition problems solved.

and you skip right by profile gasket problems to 

intake valve carbon...

t

• Haha 3

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

13 hours ago, Son of Marty said:

Get your old dist rebuilt and curved to your needs then install a electronic trigger.

Don't have the paperwork with me, but there's a gentleman in Wisconsin or Minnesota (someplace with lots of snow and cold) that rebuilds Bosch (and Lucas) dizzys.  He did mine ten+ years ago, recurved for my higher CR and 284 cam, and it works a treat.

Someone on the FAQ will have contact info.

mike

• Like 1

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

That's Jeff, at Advanced Distributors in Minnesota.

WWW.ADVANCEDDISTRIBUTORS.COM

Advanced Distributors is your source for automotive distributor service. We specialize in precision rebuilds and repair of distributors for most vintage and collector vehicles, including all Lucas, Bosch, Prestolite, and Delco distributors. We service many other brands, so please...

• Like 4

Ireland E. will respond.

1st - I wrote to Andrew and Tiboohr

2nd - Andrew responded

3rd - Parts were shipped...but somethings were missing

4th - Wrote to Andrew

5th - Paul McCarthy replied with, "sorry about the missing part"

6th - Part recieved

I hear you...there is this desperate need for customer service these days.  Could be they are overloaded...?

🙈

Light is seriously underrated.

4 hours ago, MurphinDC said:

I have had great luck emailing Andrew.  Give him a shot!

Murph

I too had great success emailing Andrew. He responded quickly and sent part immediatelly.

(1973 Fjord Blue 037) Vin 2588314- Build date February 6th, 1973- delivered to Hoffman Motors NYC February 8th.