• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ireland Engineering Doesn't Respond Suggestions?

On 3/5/2024 at 11:56 AM, MikeinNC said:

Any advice on resolution before I start fraud investigation/report folks?   I guess they really have gotten as bad as I have heard before this

Your lack of any descriptive timeline regarding this issue is curious and annoying..

have they contacted you yet?

76 2002 Survivor

71 2002 Franzi

85 318i  Doris

Just to keep everyone happy, I will update    I have not received any response from anyone I emailed this week.   A simple note to explain what is being done would certainly be helpful rather than keep me in limbo    Guess that is simply too hard.   Again the initial ordering went well as I explained in my post    Appreciate all the suggestions, none of which worked obviously

This is why I get most of my stuff from Steve; since the beginning for years he and Sean and his staff have routinely provided the best customer service, something I have always valued!   A friend is helping me out by bringing me a 123 this morning as I type this.  

Lesson learned

• Like 4

Spend 10 bucks and send them a registered letter with a signature return so they can't say they didn't get it.

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944

New 123 delivered this AM!

• Like 3

3410619 - 74 1802 Verona Touring

3460120 - 74 Verona Touring....... (Sold) sent off to LA.

2760306 - Ultimate driving machine Skidmark 204 car. 72 Inka (Sold)

Formerly the old and slow division of Skidmark Racing. 

Sorry for your pain.  I've ordered performance-oriented parts from IE since the '90's and had very good experiences.  But with the changing of the guard at IE it sounds like customer service has slipped.  Nowadays I'd look to Bluntech or Maximillian for '02 parts.

Ian
'76 M2

'02 325iT

I’ve got to chime in here.

I made my first order from Ireland YEARS ago, I just recently got back into the ‘02 game and ordered over $4,000 worth of parts from them the past few months. I have to say their customer service has become MUCH to be desired. I was told parts were in stock and then got them a month later. I had to email ALL of my inquires as to status because no one could answer a phone. The first customer service guy I had seemed to be somewhat responsive and then I started getting auto replies that he was away from his desk. (I think he’s still “away from his desk” several weeks later)

Ireland has been a great resource, they’ve been stalwart in their support of these old cars; I HATE to see them going down the road of poor customer service!

• Like 1

J.B.

6 - ‘02s and counting

12 hours ago, BimmerRover said:

I’ve got to chime in here.

Ireland has been a great resource, they’ve been stalwart in their support of these old cars; I HATE to see them going down the road of poor customer service!

From my perspective, they have been 3/4s of the way down that road for quite some time.

Cheers,

• Like 1

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

1 hour ago, ray_ said:

From my perspective, they have been 3/4s of the way down that road for quite some time.

Cheers,

From my perspective ... for nearly 7 years I spent 3/4 of my day on the phone answering tech questions and handling (not infrequently angry) 02 customers.   Most of that time my efforts seemed like trying to fill a bottomless hole, but then... there was that 10% when there was someone grateful, someone who was nice, someone who wanted to learn.  That 10% made the 90% worth it.  Many of those %10'ers are/were FAQ members.  Then there were the shop owners who were also enthusiasts who "got it" Patrick ONiel, Mario, Jeff Chang, Peter/Eric Sliskovich, Lee, and many others.

However, I'd be lying if I didn't say that that 90% didn't eventually wear me out .... it burned Jeremy out, he left.  It burned me out...

Rather than repeat that cycle IE has now simply moved to simple/effective communication via email.  It's not perfect as evidenced here.  But also, as evidenced here, it can be very effective.

Edited by AceAndrew
  • Like 4

Placed my order Saturday, received it in good order today in SW FL. So far my experience with the Irish has been good.💁🏼

‘74 Fjord 2002tii (Zouave)

’80 Alpenweiss 528i (Evelyn)

’05 R53 Chili Red Mini S

‘56 Savage Model 99 in .250-3000

On 3/9/2024 at 5:19 AM, MikeinNC said:

I have not received any response from anyone I emailed this week

Its now several days later, any new developments?

76 2002 Survivor

71 2002 Franzi

85 318i  Doris

My recent order from IE for some rebuilt axels with new CVs went really good.  Ordered online and two days later they were at my doorstep.  Sorry to hear that you're having a bad experience with them.  I'm thankful that IE offers parts for our cars like new CVs.  Hope it works out

CV1.jpg

CV2.jpg

• Like 1

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

2 hours ago, tech71 said:

Its now several days later, any new developments?

Still hasn't checked the spam folder.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Loose: Not tightly bound. Subject to motion.
Lose: What happens when you are spell check dependent.

1975 Malaga. It is rusty but runs. Just like me.