• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How Nifty; Ludwig is Fifty

Mike Self

Assembled 19 December 1972, sold new in early 1973 at Mill Valley Imports in California.  The original owner, an AF Captain drove it cross country at least twice.  I acquired it in June 1978 with 46k miles after the AF transferred the owner to Wright-Patterson AFB here in Ohio. My wife's daily driver and our vacation car until 1985, when she bought a (gulp) Buick.  From then on it was my daily driver when the roads weren't salted...and still is.  About to roll over 273k miles and still way too much fun to drive.  

Took him out for his birthday drive and a few pictures; roads are still dry here--at least for the next few days.  A Wagner Ring Trilogy overture playing (loud) on the radio, our first sunny day in nearly two weeks...made it a great day.  

Hope everyone else with an 02 enjoys theirs as much as I do mine.  

mike

20221219_153331.jpg

20221219_153355.jpg

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

3 hours ago, Lorin said:

What’s up with that tag, Mike ? Was E10 already taken ? 

Hey, I had "E114" for many years until Jackie Jouret told me what was correct.  And I still snagged TP 114!

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Mike waited fifty years to title his post.

Congrats Mike and Ludwig.

Don

• Haha 1

Don

1973 Sahara # too long ago, purchased in 1978 sold in 1984

1973 Chamonix # 2589243 Katrina Victim, formerly in the good sawzall hands of Baikal.2002 and gone to heaven.

1973 Inka # 2587591 purchased from Mike McCurdy, Dec 2007