• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Happy 20th Birthday 2002FAQ!

steve k.

• Administrators

A lot of you may, but some may not know that BMW 2002 FAQ was started on 02/02/02. A small group of us started the site to be more than just a Forum, we wanted this to be a global community for all 2002 owners and a primary source for all BMW 2002 Information. After 20 years, we are still a primary source for all 2002 knowledge as we try to gather as much information as we can and we are hoping to go for a lot longer. This would not be possible without you, all the members. You write the articles, answer post, post photos, blogs and add events to the calendar. You make this place what it should be, a resource for all. 

Thank you!!!!

To do a little trip down memory lane i made a few shirt available to commemorate the journey.

A couple shirts you see is what we made about 20 years ago as our first official shirt. The "Fun Corner" shirt combines some old and some new.

Enjoy our past and we will see you in the future!

Steve K.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 12

Get your 2002 FAQ merchandise from 2002FAQ Store

Holy cow!  It's really been that long.  As member #10, moving from the old board (whose name I've forgotten), it's been great fun posting and learning more about 2002s.  Even after 50+ years of ownership hardly a day goes by that I don't learn something new about our cars.  

And way to go Steve for keeping things alive, sane and friendly on the Board.  It's a lifeline for us all!

Cheers

mike

• Like 2

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

7 hours ago, Mike Self said:

Holy cow!  It's really been that long.  As member #10, moving from the old board (whose name I've forgotten), it's been great fun posting and learning more about 2002s.  Even after 50+ years of ownership hardly a day goes by that I don't learn something new about our cars.  

Mike, how did you figure the member number? Just curious.

Chris B.

'73 ex-Malaga

2 hours ago, Chris_B said:

Mike, how did you figure the member number? Just curious.

IIRC (remember it was a long time ago and i'm old!) I signed up on the day the site began--or within a few days--It used to be posted with your name and number of postings, etc.  But that was a long time ago.

mike

• Like 1

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite