• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Russ Keller

Yup, too high. Shim the sides near the turn signals & drop it down, the hinges are at almost at the top of their adjustment.

F65F6AED-816B-4C1F-B74B-941516768697.jpeg

B9C3BD13-F6BD-4A10-B706-2451B49A675A.jpeg

Edited by adawil2002

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

I hate to say this, but from the pics, it looks like the nose is drooping...

... but check the hood carefully for signs it's been lifted.

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

If door(s) & fender(s) are lined good i’d say the whole hood is a tad too high. A-pillar area... hood upper surface to door line has a small step (as is with belt line trim) that i think shouldn’t be there. I assume hood is closed from the lever. I’m wrestling with same issues. Not happy how i put it together so im tearging it a part as far as i need until i get fitment as clean as i can.

2002 -73 M2, 2002 -71 forced induction. bnr32 -91

With the hood latched, run a long (3-4 foot) straightedge along the beltline molding on the door so that extends at least halfway along the hood's molding.  If the straightedge lays flat against the hood molding, then the hood is aligned properly fore and aft.  If there's a gap between the straightedge and the molding, then the hood is drooping to the front. 

The visual you want is the beltline molding forming a straight line front to back.  If that means there's a bit of a gap along the nose, then I think I'd live with it, rather than having a drooping hood.  I too suspect the nose panel looks a little low in the middle.  

mike

• Like 1

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

1 hour ago, Mike Self said:

... The visual you want is the beltline molding forming a straight line front to back.  If that means there's a bit of a gap along the nose, then I think I'd live with it, rather than having a drooping hood.  I too suspect the nose panel looks a little low in the middle.  

mike

+1

What Mike said!

Regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

To my eyes, the nose of the hood looks bent up - like it previously hit the grille when opened fully because it wasn’t adjusted correctly (leaving a telltale dent in the kidney grille). Especially the pic you posted from 12:27 Friday...

It’s way easier to bend the hood than to cause the front nose panel to droop in the front, no? Nothing loads the front nose sheet metal top to possibly cause a droop in the middle to occur.  And the matching angle of your grille and headlight bezel in that same pic would be off if your nose panel drooped, and it’s not. So unless the nose was replaced, I’m thinking hood...

Russ, is that a replacement grille? Is your hood flat/straight from the roundel back to the vents? Has the nose panel been swapped?

Tom-too

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com