• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Smartphone holder?

fastricky

36 minutes ago, adawil2002 said:

9 or below over the limit you are OK, 10 or more over you are aren't.

Ahh, I see.  It used to always be the case in Australia (and the UK) that you were 'allowed' to be up to 10% over to take into account tolerances in speedos and the equipment used to measure your speed, now all that seems to have gone with the use of very accurate radar measurement.  You can literally be fined for passing a speed camera only one or two kilometers an hour over the limit. 

A lot of the main routes are now fitted with 'average speed' cameras now which work on number plate recognition.  If you manage to get between point A and point B in less than the allotted time then you will automatically sent a fine.  This takes the fun out of a long drive and therefore it becomes a long queue of people all driving exactly at the speed limit, the only variation being the accuracy of each car's speedo and cruise control.

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

1 hour ago, Einspritz said:

11. Drive in Italy where speed limits are merely a suggestion on the Autostrada.

I drove all over Italy a couple years ago and near as I can tell, ALL traffic laws are merely a suggestion. It was stressful getting used to the "controlled" chaos in the cities but having a navigator helped tremendously. In less-congested areas it was reassuring that I was unlikely to have any driving penalties given the way everyone else drove.

• Confused 1

I just put a really strong magnet from McMaster Carr in the ashtray of my BEHR console as a hidden phone mount with one of those metal plates you put on the back of your phone for any magnetic phone mount. Totally hidden and works well, maybe not ideal placement depending on what you want it for though. Also isn't a great help if you aren't using a BEHR console.

• Like 1

On 1/28/2019 at 5:34 PM, adawil2002 said:

Here are the ways to avoid getting nabbed for speeding.

1. Don't speed. Simple, easy & effective. 

2. Go with the flow of traffic.

3. Follow what the trucks do. If trucks are speeding, usually the coast is clear.

4. Don't be the fastest car on the road, this is asking for trouble. Let someone else take the risk.

5. Use a 'stooge' or 'rabbit' let them run ahead and keep them in your sight. They'll more than likely get pulled over.

6. Read the road, look ahead, many times the police a plainly visible.  

7. Don't be aggressive, don't tailgate & move over for entering traffic.

8. Be careful of weigh stations and rest areas, police tend to hide there.

9. In Virginia, 9 you're fine 10 you're mine are words to live by.

10. Don't draw attention to yourself, this goes along with 7.

Valentine 1?

• Like 1

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

On 1/28/2019 at 9:21 PM, Jimmy said:

I drove all over Italy a couple years ago and near as I can tell, ALL traffic laws are merely a suggestion. It was stressful getting used to the "controlled" chaos in the cities but having a navigator helped tremendously. In less-congested areas it was reassuring that I was unlikely to have any driving penalties given the way everyone else drove.

That includes stop signs!

3410619 - 74 1802 Verona Touring

3460120 - 74 Verona Touring....... (Sold) sent off to LA.

2760306 - Ultimate driving machine Skidmark 204 car. 72 Inka (Sold)

Formerly the old and slow division of Skidmark Racing. 

And lane markers. They seem to adhere to the principle that their only obligation is to not hit you, and everything else is negotiable.

You don't see nice cars out in the wild in the city either. Brand new cars have gashes in the bumper covers and the mirrors are all scuffed and cracked. If I lived there I wouldn't own a car.

• 8 months later...