• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

8 hours ago, Simeon said:

Always depressing working on a car that you are selling. 

Yes.  But I don't get to work on the new car until I get the tii sorted for sale- so motivation.

Side note; some fresh gas and BG 44K (fuel injection cleaner) made more than a little difference for the m2.  Now I'm excited.  :)

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

On 12/7/2018 at 10:55 AM, BarneyT said:

Drove home today from Terry’s imageproxy.php?img=&key=c723ef59fd17d18fimageproxy.php?img=&key=c723ef59fd17d18fimageproxy.php?img=&key=c723ef59fd17d18fshop with a big smile on my face and a rebuilt TII engine in the back, I had the best four days cleaning parts and helping Terry with the rebuild....

24EF3CDC-FEA3-43DD-8E36-DE25AA2781E8.jpeg

5E011DE4-11F6-4272-9ECA-BC9F425AAF39.jpeg

Barney did you paint the plenum and inlet pipes? Or are they just blasted raw ?

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, BarneyT said:

block painted with the Eastwood two part  urethane paint...

I'm here to vouch that the Eastwood 2-part urethane paint Barney is using is the way to go if you are not wanting to drop a bunch of $$$ on powder coating.  Barney painted all the subframes and ancillary bits and pieces with that stuff out of a $15 Harbor Freight spray gun and it looks fantastic.  It gives great coverage and much thicker than any rattle can will provide.  After it cures, the stuff is tough as nails.  

Ed

• Like 1

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

3 hours ago, zinz said:

I'm here to vouch that the Eastwood 2-part urethane paint Barney is using is the way to go if you are not wanting to drop a bunch of $$$ on powder coating.  Barney painted all the subframes and ancillary bits and pieces with that stuff out of a $15 Harbor Freight spray gun and it looks fantastic.  It gives great coverage and much thicker than any rattle can will provide.  After it cures, the stuff is tough as nails.  

Ed

Is it the 2K Chassis Black paint or something else?

John Baas

1976 BMW 2002

2001 BMW M5

My Blog!

Got mine road legal again

Aussie rego, sort of road tax and roadworthy.

its just had Eibach sport springs

New discs, pads wheels bearing, all new hard lines servos repainted, chassis rails stripped cleaned, primed and painted, strip and paint front suspension, camber plates and new top mounts.

New rear drums, shoes, wheel cylinders, handbrake kit (which is amazing)

Both chassis legs and all cavities filed with Bilt Hamber cavity protection, great product, highly recommended it!!

Got home and it petulantly spat the hose off of the WUR to the metal pipe! There’s gratitude for you??

Guess I know what I’m doing after work this week!

6C110D8A-6FC7-4BB2-8987-4FC54D63181A.png

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, SydneyTii said:

Got mine road legal again

Aussie rego, sort of road tax and roadworthy.

its just had Eibach sport springs

New discs, pads wheels bearing, all new hard lines servos repainted, chassis rails stripped cleaned, primed and painted, strip and paint front suspension, camber plates and new top mounts.

New rear drums, shoes, wheel cylinders, handbrake kit (which is amazing)

Both chassis legs and all cavities filed with Bilt Hamber cavity protection, great product, highly recommended it!!

Got home and it petulantly spat the hose off of the WUR to the metal pipe! There’s gratitude for you??

Guess I know what I’m doing after work this week!

6C110D8A-6FC7-4BB2-8987-4FC54D63181A.png

Where did you go for inspection? I have a couple of things to do to mine but then I am going to get in inspected in preparation for registration in NSW. 

I have left it registered in South Australia- which needs no Inspection but I figure that’s not a long term option even though I still own a house in SA where it is registered. I don’t think my car will have any problems passing but I would like to go somewhere that is familiar with old cars to minimise stupid discussions and eye rolling. 

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

On 7/25/2018 at 6:57 AM, Bibm5 said:

Finally got all my dash lights working. I had a bad bulb holder but that wasn't the only issue. The contact material on the board had worn out over the years so it couldn't complete the circuit. I ended up running a couple jumper wires and now the lights work great! 20180724_222812.jpeg20180724_222829.jpegb0d8b1c7c4f74eb16c193bbb743e8ce7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Did you Jump ALL your bulbs like this on the cluster? I fried a circuit when i put in a LED light on the circuit board part. 

Edited by The Judge
Wrong pic
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Simeon said:

Where did you go for inspection? I have a couple of things to do to mine but then I am going to get in inspected in preparation for registration in NSW. 

I have left it registered in South Australia- which needs no Inspection but I figure that’s not a long term option even though I still own a house in SA where it is registered. I don’t think my car will have any problems passing but I would like to go somewhere that is familiar with old cars to minimise stupid discussions and eye rolling. 

I use a guy in Balgowlah.

His name is Matt, he owns and runs Bimmer Tech.

i was in there yesterday and he had 2 Tii’s, an e30 325 convertible, an M3 and an 850i in there, a good mix I thought!

Nice guy, reasonable prices, honest and reliable.

I try to do most of the work myself but where it makes sense I give it to Matt.

I don’t trust many shops, there are some associated with the club that I wouldn’t go near, happy to chat offline about them.

cheers.

4 hours ago, SydneyTii said:

I use a guy in Balgowlah.

His name is Matt, he owns and runs Bimmer Tech.

i was in there yesterday and he had 2 Tii’s, an e30 325 convertible, an M3 and an 850i in there, a good mix I thought!

Nice guy, reasonable prices, honest and reliable.

I try to do most of the work myself but where it makes sense I give it to Matt.

I don’t trust many shops, there are some associated with the club that I wouldn’t go near, happy to chat offline about them.

cheers.

Honest and reliable is good. Very good.

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/