• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

This was pre Christmas when I did it but Marksters post made me think about it. I installed a remote oil sender port like one that I saw on a Euro rallye website. I spent some time ordering all the bits and made my own after the IE adapter I got wasn’t threaded deep enough on the small port and wouldn’t take my Speedhut sender. This remote setup gave me some room to play with and I was able to mount the oil pressure sender and the VDO pressure cut off switch for my soon to be Facet pump. 

CBA9972D-29B3-4A53-937A-AE37950CEF28.jpeg

FC63384B-266E-4535-A1F7-B3DDE7C427D0.jpeg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Shiparino said:

Work continues on the rear suspension sun-assembly.

82251E43-60D6-4F51-9665-530D438E0D93.jpeg

F7901D1B-09A1-482A-B9B4-5660AC6CE3C5.jpeg

Good work.  And the bottle opener is a nice touch, too.

• Like 2

‘74 Fjord 2002tii (Zouave)

’80 Alpenweiss 528i (Evelyn)

’05 R53 Chili Red Mini S

‘56 Savage Model 99 in .250-3000

Got the modified ebay 85 amp alternator back into Zouave, reattached the front swaybar with new long bolts and nuts from Belmetric, and went driving. Alternator vibration is definitely less than before.  But it’s still there, and noticeable at different rpms.  Putting a hand on the ICE Air compressor yielded a vibration feeling at those different rpms.  Messing around under the car with straight edges, disovered that the ICE air pulleys are level with each other (front-to-back), but set back from the crank a/c pulley channel about 1/8”, setting up another angled belt.  

I don’t recall that there was any front-to-back adjustability on the ICE mount at all, but it’s time to find out (and if necessary make some).  if you have ever tried to put install one of those mounts, you know it’s one of the hardest things to do in the entire Knucklebusting Lexicon of Hard Things To Do.  Gonna have to wait till after the Field Club Concourse next week!

‘74 Fjord 2002tii (Zouave)

’80 Alpenweiss 528i (Evelyn)

’05 R53 Chili Red Mini S

‘56 Savage Model 99 in .250-3000

18 hours ago, Schnellvintage said:

They were used on tii’s and later 02’ with a diverter valve for a smog pump and air injection.

Did Tii's ever come with a smog pump? Only '75-'76 and '71-'72 had air pumps with diverter valves.

Here's a pic of the little beast. I also used that bracket for an additional alternator ground.

DiverterValve.thumb.JPG.559019f595a78b39f675ff17b23f6099.JPG

• Like 1

Recently bought a 71 Blaupunkt Frankfurt and sent it to Vintageblaue. Quick turn around.  They brought it back to life.  Now I need to find faceplate with larger opening.  Ingo sent a video of it working. 

20230318_143214.jpg

Edited by David Layton
  • Like 5

Frau Blucher - 73 tii

Captain Biggles - 66 Triumph TR4a