• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

Had a nice hat trick...

Installed an NK steering wheel (Thanks @Hans W. !)...

Installed a custom plasma cut throttle return bring bracket from a fellow Alfista (Thanks Alex J!)...

Took Schon to the Reopening of the Berkeley CnC...

IMG_8637.JPG

9861D9F4-B781-4D2E-A654-EC89E2C47FA5.jpeg

76B124C7-483A-47E7-9FAB-8F32635CAAEE.jpeg

• Like 6

3 hours ago, 2002Scoob said:

Ahhh ok. I thought maybe you'd made an enclosure under the parcel shelf and that was the port. My bad. Looks nice thou!

It still could be. I’ve been considering mounting the sub directly under the parcel shelf from the start. The sub is 7 Lbs and I need to make sure how it’s mounted will hold up to spirited runs on uneven pavement...

Today I tried the tennis ball trick on the pop out windows. Drove down the I5 this morning cruising at 70 * mph, had sunroof open about half way and rear pop outs open. Great ventilation and the noise wasn't too bad. The pop outs stayed open and never rattled.  I still kept the heater core valve open, so had nice heat in the morning. 

DSC_5511.JPG

• Like 3

Changed the oil. Used a Wix 51374 from O'Reilly's and went across the street to Autozone for some "high zinc" Valvoline 20W50 VR1 racing oil/flat tappet oil. The only vehicle we own easier to change oil in is a John Deere diesel 3cyl that I can wrench the oil bolt with the left hand while turning the oil filter with my right.

Next up is trying to figure out what coil to go with what Petronix to go with the distributor on my 1975 2002. Then, whether to go with a water choke Weber or an electric choke Weber to replace the stock Solex 2bbl.....

Already replaced the plug wires and coil wire with STI wires and removed the old harness off the valve cover and re-routed via the fender wall to keep away from the heat....

• Like 1

got the call from Rennsport that my trans was done so I went and fetched it - and checked-out customers' cars

DSCN0667-X2.jpg

DSCN0670-X2.jpg

DSCN0671-X2.jpg

DSCN0676-X2.jpg

oh yeah - didn't forget to get the old junkyard tranny home

DSCN0678-X2.jpg

• Like 2

machinist - A&P - UAV inspector.

'71 1600 parts car, '71 Nevada tii tribute, '73 Polaris automatic in assembly awaiting 5-speed, 3.90 LS and dual 40s

'61 R27 - '74 R90S - '83 R100RS

My upholstery stapler and staples arrived, so put them to good use. Finished gluing, stapling and trimming the edges of the parcel shelf. Very happy with the results. Now on to the vinyl for the trunk boards. Also, finished regluing the drivers side door seal. Came out good..staying put for now. 

2EEC7364-51E3-4FEB-A4FB-57CCA6AA81F4.jpeg

4D839FB4-A430-4377-9BA0-1AB03D76345B.jpeg

84D41A1A-47C3-438B-89A2-DE73A8993C73.jpeg

• Like 4

245 ready, Blunt shift kit installed, then turns out I have the wrong shift lever (what I thought was “late” was “early”).  While working on that, I decided to tackle a few details: 

1. Fabricating a clear plastic insert for the “Fasten Seat Belts” pod to hold my AFR readout.  I tried sanding the red lense down and it worked pretty well, but the readout is way too dim coming through all that ruby.  So I grabbed some scraps of sheet acrylic I had lying around, Dremeled-up and made this.  Now just need to make the backing piece and figure out how to snug it against the back of the opening, then how to stick the readout to it....

12D11C6C-AEE1-46A4-8749-591C7790FF85.jpeg

2. Splicing new ends onto the reverse light wires and fabbing some extensions:E6949D3C-5B18-4B59-91E4-F83F50F4AEA3.jpeg

0AB63274-14D7-46E7-AB28-6A96C6138154.jpeg

93F65CE1-8492-427B-A97F-03FE05B1CD9F.jpeg

• Like 6

‘74 Fjord 2002tii (Zouave)

’80 Alpenweiss 528i (Evelyn)

’05 R53 Chili Red Mini S

‘56 Savage Model 99 in .250-3000

Today I installed a high efficiency radiator from W&N. 76 vs 54 cores from new to old Tii. I was able to use the L radiator hose and still run the sanden compressor. Its close but not that close. I will keep an eye on it anyway. Already runs a lot cooler, especially with AC running.

IMG_6371.jpeg

IMG_6369.jpeg

IMG_6372.jpeg

• Like 3

'74 2002Tii Sienabraun: Henrik

'67 Ford Galaxie 500: Grandpa

21 minutes ago, xavier296 said:

Today I installed a high efficiency radiator from W&N. 76 vs 54 cores from new to old Tii. I was able to use the L radiator hose and still run the sanden compressor. Its close but not that close. I will keep an eye on it anyway. Already runs a lot cooler, especially with AC running.

IMG_6371.jpeg

IMG_6369.jpeg

IMG_6372.jpeg

Good for you.  I could not make that work with my Sanden clone, and had to get the old lower section of my original radiator braized on.  While I was at it I had the very good radiator guy attach the shroud ears from the old radiator, and put a shroud on.  Between those mods and the new water pump and thermostat I was having trouble getting up to the 3 o’clock mark back in November.   About to get Zouave back on the road and we’ll soon see how it handles SW FL summer heat.

’05 R53 Chili Red Mini S

33 minutes ago, 0257 said:

Good for you.  I could not make that work with my Sanden clone, and had to get the old lower section of my original radiator braized on.  While I was at it I had the very good radiator guy attach the shroud ears from the old radiator, and put a shroud on.  Between those mods and the new water pump and thermostat I was having trouble getting up to the 3 o’clock mark back in November.   About to get Zouave back on the road and we’ll soon see how it handles SW FL summer heat.

I am using the original Behr AC bracket with an adapter for the sanden. Maybe that combination puts the compressor in a slightly different position? I have an extra rad outlet(courtesy of an awesome FAQ member), ready to have installed, but I tried the install first as purchased to see if it would work. Especially since my radiator shop is so busy, their wait times have gone up to about 2 weeks. 

Hopefully engine movement doesn't end up ruining my fun.

• Like 1

'74 2002Tii Sienabraun: Henrik

'67 Ford Galaxie 500: Grandpa

1 hour ago, xavier296 said:

I am using the original Behr AC bracket with an adapter for the sanden. Maybe that combination puts the compressor in a slightly different position? I have an extra rad outlet(courtesy of an awesome FAQ member), ready to have installed, but I tried the install first as purchased to see if it would work. Especially since my radiator shop is so busy, their wait times have gone up to about 2 weeks. 

Hopefully engine movement doesn't end up ruining my fun.

Will look forward to hearing how you fare.  Let me know when you’re down Sarasota way and let’s compare to-do lists.

’05 R53 Chili Red Mini S