• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

Since my hood torsion bar didn't work I set about converting to gas struts. Took some measurements, ordered the struts and assembled everything this afternoon. Works perfectly. Just right amount of force. Kept a cross bar to keep the hood ridgid.

P_20190708_172351.jpg

P_20190708_172319.jpg

P_20190708_172346.jpg

Edited by Stevenc22
  • Like 12

1976 BMW 2002 Chamonix. My first love.

1972 BMW 2002tii Polaris. My new side piece.

11 hours ago, Stevenc22 said:

Since my hood torsion bar didn't work I set about converting to gas struts. Took some measurements, ordered the struts and assembled everything this afternoon. Works perfectly. Just right amount of force. Kept a cross bar to keep the hood ridgid.

P_20190708_172319.jpg

You know that we need more information that that!

Side note; engine bay looks really tidy.

• Like 2

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

Here is my 1976 automatic that I have been working on these past few years, it sat in storage for over a decade. Just got the transmission re-installed last week. Body work is done.

Need to buy some trim parts (as the originals are pretty shot). Don't like the biege interior so I might dye it black. Needs lots of little things like taillight gaskets (those aren't going to break the bank, but jeez they are $75 a piece). New seat cushions are completely crazy though.

I have had it since 1997 and it was my first car. It's what I learned to turn a wrench on. 

2002front2.jpg

• Like 8

1976 2002A

45 minutes ago, reyes02 said:

really though lol share the specs emoji6.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Technical article added to the FAQ. Once moderator approves article you can see the instructions here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1976 BMW 2002 Chamonix. My first love.

1972 BMW 2002tii Polaris. My new side piece.

On 7/8/2019 at 1:39 PM, 2002#3 said:

Paul,

I like yours much better. More like the original, and better fabrication.   Mine was the first attempt. Will keep trying. 

Larry

Thanks for that but I must admit that I used a bench vise for bending and a rod to create the curved bend at the top.

We have a business here called Metals Superstore that I had cut long strips of soft steel in the correct gauge. 

After cutting, bending and drilling I used a file to smooth all the edges.  

I also created a piece that holds 4 wires.  Not original spec.

• Like 2

73 Inka Tii #2762958