• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Center Console/radio Setup

kid2002

5 hours ago, Forrest_KoogleWerks said:

The Aussies and Brits have made enough of a noise about this that I have no choice but to cave in! RHD gauge panels to come!! 

Oh excellent I'd definitely get them! Could you post back here when they are ready for sale please. Thanks.

Edited by SydneyTii
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Polaris1974 said:

Mildseven Can you elaborate on the gauge in the seatbelt box? Perhaps a picture? 

Hello... it's in my build blog: https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/entry/841-all-systems-go/

28859947066_393b180098_c.jpg

• Like 1

picked up what i thought was a sound Verona Red '76

The Refresh Blog: http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/155-76-verona-red-refresh/

speaking of consoles... i nearly have all the parts to build my console. it's a long style. Is it possible to assemble it, then install it? or do I need to assemble it inside the car, in place? trying not to find out the hard way.

1974 BMW 2002 (Polaris > Sienabraun)

On 5/29/2018 at 5:41 AM, Forrest_KoogleWerks said:

The Aussies and Brits have made enough of a noise about this that I have no choice but to cave in! RHD gauge panels to come!! 

I'd be interested in a RHD one toovas well as the speaker setup. I was about to buy one because it's not that obvious that the gauges are angled until someone mentioned it.

• Like 1

On 5/29/2018 at 2:41 PM, Forrest_KoogleWerks said:

Sounds great.  Like the cup holder  setup as well.  When the RHD gauge panel are available put me down for one. 

Only shitty thing is I have to put an AEM mixture gauge in there which is not retro looking.  

1974 2002 2.2stroker, DCOE45's, 300deg cam, 5 spd, 3.91 LSD // 1984 E24 M635csi, dogleg 5spd 3.23 LSD. // 1994 E34 540i, supercharged 16psi, 6spd E85 only, 3.15 LSD // 1997 E36 M3 Evo, low comp supercharged 18psi 6spd (under construction)

I am ready to install the console into my 5 speed converted '74 auto 2002.   The leather boot is trashed but the car came with a perfect stock manual console section and ribbed rubber boot.  I'd like to use the rubber boot in place of a leather one but how do I fasten it in place?   Seems I am missing a bracket or mounting screws.    Also the hole in the console is smaller than the base of the rubber boot so I can't push it through and fix it from underneath the center section.   . 

5 hours ago, RadicalRacing said:

I'd like to use the rubber boot in place of a leather one but how do I fasten it in place?   Seems I am missing a bracket or mounting screws.    Also the hole in the console is smaller than the base of the rubber boot so I can't push it through and fix it from underneath the center section.

If you're talking about the rubber accordion, the console piece that surrounds the shifter has a lip. The lip stands about a quarter inch tall and circumscribes the hole where the shifter pokes through. The accordion doesn't go into the hole, but rather fits over and grips that lip.

Edited by g_force

Josh (in Dallas)

'72 tii

Yes I am talking about the rubber accordion bellows looking piece.   My console piece has a small molded in ridge running along each side of the roughly rectangular holes for the shifter.   *Each ridge is about 1/4" high, 3/16" wide and 4" long.    Sorry but I do not see any way for these ridges to engage and hold the rubber accordion. 

*The console piece is 25 miles away from my computer in my shop so I could not measure the ridges exactly.

60d2b9df887ec3d52b87d8f66d4baa4a.jpg3ae9acc61980296a52df43081b9de60a.jpg
I have a BEHR ac console with the cars original (and working) blaupunkt connected to it. The blaupunkt is connected to an out of sight audio MK3 box that I use for bluetooth to my phone, when I’m not using my phones audio it switches to the radio. I have volume and sub control under the dash on the left side of the steering wheel. Amp and all that kind of stuff is hidden under the rear seat. Speakers are in the doors (I couldn’t bring my self to cut them, so I found ones that were already done)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2