Jim_75Sahara

What is the most common other BMW?

31 posts / 1712 viewsLast Reply

(1) E30

(2) E28

(3) E36

(4) E39

(5) ??

Any idea? Even if you own 10 BMW's, I wonder: what is the most commonly held OTHER BMW besides '02's .... among this select group of owners, that is. I'm guessing it's not the Isetta, the 503, the 507 or the 700!

E61 Wagon here, and two E36 before that. Each 5 series has sold more than the previous...not sure when the E60 range will trickle down to affordable enthusiast status. Possibly never? Gen 1 I-drive is pathetic. Here I am with retro snow shoes from a 95 M3

6z0vac.jpg

Common as hell but for my e ticket I strap into my 97 328is and let her scream, often bagged on the forums but this old e36 will get you into trouble as qwik as any and if I push the fun button, asc traction control overide I become tireracks best customer, the first of the modern BMWs with the same turn in as your o2, its hereditary, she eats miles like a starved orphan. 200k without a leak, need to build the bullets front end and yet she still thrills everytime, my daily is my o2 but for long hauls its nice to be pampered and powered

For me its an E36(Ti-don't laugh, I love it), E46(Son's car), E39(Daughters car), E53(Wife's X5).

NICE GARAGE!!! I guess great minds think alike!! :)

I LOVE our e30...but I'm also a fan of the 318ti (it's like an 'evolved' 02)...It's a commuter car for a car enthusiast.

-Dave

I love working on the Ti, It reminds me very much of my 1600 from the underside. It is great for almost any use. I can knock the back seats down & put in both dogs, make a trip to Lowe's, or haul branches/compost (in bags) to our compost area in our village. Plus the California sunroof is cool! Then after all that, my son & I use it for autocrossing, it is a blast! It really does remind me of the '02's.

I also have an e36 ti. It does really remind me of an 02 but a little bit bigger. Really easy to work on. I wish I had a California roof!!

e39 540 sport

E30M3

E30 318is

e12

My favorite are the e30s without question. I keep coming back to them

Sorry - all I've got are (2) 2002's and a bunch of various parts for them.

We almost purchased a new E46 325i in 2002, but the local dealership treated my wife like a turd and I really don't like some of the new designs along with their issues. Who knows, maybe later...