• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New to the Forum, Just bought my first BMW 2002tii

Therapist

My name is Jonathan I live in Houston, TX and I just bought my first 02, and it ended up being a tii!, about 3 days ago. This is my first forum to join and it seems like the right one. I found this gem sitting in the parking lot of the place I was going to get my hair cut. I asked the receptionist who's car that was and she said it was hers and she was going to sell it! Wow It must have ment to be, you just don't find these cars lying around. Its a 1972 sahara color, runs really good and has already had some work done to it. I am going to start restoring it but slowly just pieces at a time. Also I need to find a good name right now its Albert but I am open to anything. Feel free to ask any questions.

post-20130-13667645879383_thumb.jpg

post-20130-13667645881681_thumb.jpg

Congrats on the new tii and welcome to the forum! As you will see, lots of great people and useful info here.

Best, Fred '74tii

--Fred

'74tii (Colorado) track car

'69ti (Black/Red/Yellow) rolling resto track car

'73tii (Fjord....RIP)

Very nice! Gotta love having stories like that! Welcome to the addiction!

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

Nice! Looks clean! I'm growing to like my Sahara... it was probably the last color I wanted, but there's something about its non-metallic sheen that is kinda cool!

There are lots of '02s in Texas. Seems like most of us are up here in DFW. If you ever get up this way, most of us stay in touch via a Yahoo group -

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/TX2002/

1973 BMW 2002 Sahara

Welcome to the madness!

Going by your tag, you are in the right profession (Either mental or physical) for owning one of these cars.

Don't go blind into any project on this car. If treated improperly, some of the bits and parts can be very expensive to replace. Ask us questions here and we'll try to save you some grief and $.

Protect those shallow grilles. (I miss mine!)

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

Congrats, Jonathan. Only the bold, the brave, & the odd can drive Sahara '02's. I like the color, though I was razzed today for not liking Siennabraun (it makes the '02 look like a Hershey bar) on an '02. Go with what you like. In Texas, you will be glad you did not get one in Schwarz or Atlantik. (i.e. black or dark blue) Have fun with your addiction!

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

and like Jim and others say, it grows on ya. Also it doesn't show dirt--just wipe off the bumpers and wheels and it looks clean.

Have fun with your new car, and don't be shy about asking questions on the FAQ--lotsa friendly and knowledgeable folks here...

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite