• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Curt Update. Sad News

steve k.

• Administrators

It is my big regret to pass on the news that Curt is no longer with us.

From Lisa:

"Dear Family and Friends,

I'm sorry to have to share the sad news that Curt passed away on

Tuesday night. We were both deeply touched by the many messages of

love and support that we have received these last few weeks.

While Curt enjoyed "playing" with cars, even more than that, he

enjoyed the friends that he met along the way. The '02 community has

been sharing memories and great stories about him on the BMW 2002 FAQ

site. You can read them at the link below:

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/t,347798/

While he did not want a funeral or memorial service held, I know he

would love to be remembered in other ways. Take a (spirited) drive,

try a new restaurant, go on a picnic, make a new friend, read a good

book, donate to your favorite charity.

I'll be staying with family for the next few days, so may not respond

to emails and phone calls right away. But they are much appreciated.

Lisa"

IMG_0508.JPG

Get your 2002 FAQ merchandise from 2002FAQ Store

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Such sad news. Curt was a prince of a man, kind, smart, and generous. We are better off because we had the privilege of knowing him. Tip Top would not even run without what he taught me. We'll miss him.

William and Jessie

72 BMW 2002tii Inka, Tip Top

92 BMW 318ic, Wolfgang

07 Mini Cooper, MC

72 BMW 2002tii Malaga - stricken

Very very sad news. :(

I've been watching the other thread but haven't had time to express my feelings or admiration towards Curt Ingraham. I went on many Bay Area 02 Drives and got to know him about 10 years ago. I used to drive by Lawrence Berkeley Labs on my way to college and saw his Tii parked there almost every day. We used to exchange notes that we'd leave on his car.... I loved it when he started doing the radiator thing, in fact Sean Casey was probably his biggest customer. There are many many '02s running around the San Francisco Bay Area with Silicon Garage radiators.

Curt always had encouraging supportive words for me. He was elated that I'm now working for Sean Casey full time in Sean's new Casey MotorSports location. I don't know if he got word that we're open now? We (Lisa, Curt and I) had a really good conversation at the meet and greet before this year's Snowball Rally, and at the BA02 Swap&Show.

Curt, wherever you are, I hope there is a Tii and smooth curvy roads waiting for you. Godspeed Friend!

Thomas Morgan Jones

Tom Jones

BMW wrench for 30 years, BMWCCA since 1984 at age 9
66 BMW16oo stored, 67 1600-2 lifelong project, 2 more 67-8 1600s, 86 528e 5sp 586k, 91 318i
Mom&Dad's, 65 1800TiSA, 70 2800, 72 2002Tii 2760007 orig owners, 15 Z4 N20

Everyone in our community should take in a little piece of Curt's heart and remember to spread the niceness around. Help out a friend or better yet, a stranger. Drop someone a thankyou note. Buy someone a cup of coffee.

If everyone in our community would do this, there would still be heart left over.

Farewell Curt.

You made me realize what pure niceness is.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

it is a sad news indeed. Curt, you died too young my friend, you had way too many more 02 drives left ... we"ll miss you!

"While he did not want a funeral or memorial service held, I know he

would love to be remembered in other ways. Take a (spirited) drive,

try a new restaurant, go on a picnic, make a new friend, read a good

book, donate to your favorite charity"

I"ll do that...

FAQ Member # 91

My condolences to Lisa and all of Curt's family and friends.

R.I.P. Curt

David G.
1989 Volvo 240 Wagon "Da Brick" Daily driver
1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R "Hitomi" Sleeping. Waiting for NEO VVL!!
1976 BMW 2002 "Diana" The never ending project!!!

and one of the stalwarts of the 02 fraternity/sorority. We are all the better for knowing him, and his memory will live on.

Suggestion, folks--at all our 02 gatherings, have a Curt Ingraham award in his memory--the reason doesn't matter: best radiator, friendliest 02 owner etc etc. Let's remember him.

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Great idea Mike. I think he'd like that, although Curt wouldn't want too much attention! :-)

He was the kind of guy who "was always there" for everyone else! When we had our house fire in the winter of '08, and we were living out of a suitcase...a Flying Lizard Motorsports Jacket showed up at our door!

All of us who grew to really know him will miss him terribly, and I'm going to take Hugo out for a "spirited drive" tomorrow in his memory!

Rest in Peace My Friend!

John

Suggestion, folks--at all our 02 gatherings, have a Curt Ingraham award in his memory--the reason doesn't matter: best radiator, friendliest 02 owner etc etc. Let's remember him. cheers mike

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

'72tii engine VIN 2760081 - waiting on a rebuild

"Keep your revs up and watch your mirrors!"

fortunate to be included in a group drive to the 2002 O'fest in Colorado that Curt organized - that trip is one of the highlights of our last 10 years of '02 ownership.

To echo Tom Jones' post - godspeed, and if there's any justice in the universe, empty, winding glass-smooth two lane roads, plenty of 100 octane fuel, and and a pristine Verona tii roundie were waiting for Curt at his destination.

Barry Allen
'69 Sunroof - sold
'82 E21 (daily driver), '82 633CSi (wife's driver) - both sold
66 Chevy Nova wagon (yard & parts hauler)

I've only known Curt for a few years. Every year when Bay Area 02 Swap and Show occured, I would put all my raffle tickets in the box for one of Curt's radiator's. As fate would have it, I never did win so finally last year, I sucked it up and took an old 02 radiator to Curt's house for him to properly build me a three core 02 radiator. We had a long talk about 02's, BMW's and he never let on once about his condition. I guess I was one of the last persons to get one of Curt's 02 radiator's before he passed away. I feel privelaged to have met Curt and I'm honored to have one his radiator's in my tii.

G-Man

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner

I realize Curt probably didnt have breast cancer, but BMW has a long history with Komen:

http://ww5.komen.org/Donate/Donate.html

I went with ACS:

https://www.cancer.org/involved/donate/index

Just a couple other ways to remember Curt in addition to the list Lisa gave above...

Sorry, Lisa, I misspelled "Ferrari" on the ACS thingie...