• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CUP HOLDER SOLUTIONS?

mo's72tii

4 hours ago, mvliotta said:

Here's my solution.. 3D printed parts and a klippan seat belt thingy. 

That is slick!!  Nicely done.

Ed

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

• 2 weeks later...
On August 26, 2017 at 7:52 AM, Greg_Tchilinguirian said:

I just 3d printed one of these. It is ealily removable when not needed and fits in the glove box. Keeps things original and you can dump the condensation.7cd31ee9ab2d2a9f957052dd9e744562.jpg

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

I love threads like this because they generate a lot of good, collective ideas! Guys with A/C systems and short consoles...yea you're left with "off to the side" configurations and other less integrated options... And Greg, I think your solution is good, just needs to be dialed in to look more like a factory part. (And some kind of positive connection so it doesn't slide forward or tip/rock around maybe?) Nice to be able to drop it right in without taking the console apart! 

• Like 2

I love threads like this because they generate a lot of good, collective ideas! Guys with A/C systems and short consoles...yea you're left with "off to the side" configurations and other less integrated options... And Greg, I think your solution is good, just needs to be dialed in to look more like a factory part. (And some kind of positive connection so it doesn't slide forward or tip/rock around maybe?) Nice to be able to drop it right in without taking the console apart! 
I use the screw that holds the vinyl board to locate the holder with a small cylindrical indentation underneath. It works quite well, preventing the sliding under normal driving conditions.

The latest iteration has a nice black vinyl cover. Looks more factory for sure.

Greg

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

• 8 months later...
31 minutes ago, Forrest_KoogleWerks said:

I am now making a complete, early style "short" console (w/ gauge panel and cup holder)  these are a little simpler to make (& therefore less expensive) than the "long" complete consoles. 

IMG_0104.JPG

Beautiful.

• Thanks 1

Rich Elliott >> 1970 BMW 2002 >> a.k.a. LowKeyBuilds

>> CLICK HERE to check out and subscribe my build progress on YouTube! 

>> CLICK HERE to check out and follow my build on Instagram!

lowkey-60.png.f37d29a345edd0b40683374af6de942c.png

53 minutes ago, Forrest_KoogleWerks said:

I am now making a complete, early style "short" console (w/ gauge panel and cup holder)  these are a little simpler to make (& therefore less expensive) than the "long" complete consoles. 

Great looking solution!  I'll check your site but, are they for sale yet?

Dave

• Thanks 1

72'  2002 turbo build - under construction...