• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"The Stance Thread"

oz_tom

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just took my original springs and cut off 2 coils from the front and 1.5 in the rear.  No spacers in the front.  I also removed the upper dot 2 spring pad from the rear and used vinyl tubing.  I love how it sits and the ride isn't as bad as I thought it would be, drives more like go-cart now.  See the before and after:

Stock.jpg

lowered.jpg

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Rudy Ruiz said:

I just took my original springs and cut off 2 coils from the front and 1.5 in the rear.  No spacers in the front.  I also removed the upper dot 2 spring pad from the rear and used vinyl tubing.  I love how it sits and the ride isn't as bad as I thought it would be, drives more like go-cart now.  See the before and after:

Stock.jpg

lowered.jpg

Are your tires 165’s? I’m undecided between stock or 175’s. Thanks

Pdx, my tires are 175/70/13. I was trying to see if I could push it by putting 185’s on the stock 4.5 wheels. Eventually I listened to what some of the FAQers suggested about 185’s feeling bulky on that wheel. I’m really happy with the look of the tire when lowered, they looked super whimpy when at stock height. 

• Thanks 1

CATuned coilovers, 15x8 et0, 205’s. It has 20mm spacers in the rear and our 0.75” wider control arms in the front. 5cm flares. 

-3° camber front and same in the back. Really need to get some adjusters in the rear to get the camber in check. I really like -3° front and -2° rear with 0° toe all around. I think it’s a great setup for a good handling street car with good tire wear. 

4BA6FEF0-F4BA-4DB9-97B1-EDA221487D3A.jpeg

FEDB8078-5699-4848-BA75-6EDCA2D6E6D6.jpeg

• Like 13

Extended Chromoly control arms and other 2002 parts

https://www.danjermotorsports.com

Instagram.  https://www.instagram.com/danjer_motorsports/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

CF32676D-1D7A-4851-8EA5-90EC62CF3720.JPG

15x9 Steelies.. Square set up, lowered on Bilstein w/ H&R springs.. fenders are cut.  Rubs in the front at full lock and rubs in the rear after a big bump.. running 205/50/15 a little stretched. 

Anyone having unusually bad tie rod wear and tear running 15x9 wheels?  If so, What did you guys do to fix the issues? TIA

Edited by flipflop
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 7/30/2021 at 11:20 AM, jp5Touring said:

What is your suspension set up, cause perfect.

ground control coilovers up front. Ground control adjustable spring perches in the rear with half a coil taken out and the perches spun all the way up. I’m running as much camber as I can with GC camber plates and 10mm spacers on the front wheels. 195/50/15 tires on Hardy&beck e30 variant wheels 

290A64E5-1022-48F4-89EE-FEFDBF89AA50.jpeg

Edited by CoastalCrush
  • Like 8

Max-

73' BMW 2002

Member # 2329

• 3 weeks later...