• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"The Stance Thread"

oz_tom

My car won't look like this for long, but I wanted to post here to document the setup.

Front: Koni yellow inserts, H&R Sport springs, no spacers. 

Rear: Koni yellows, H&R Sport springs, no pads.

I removed the deteriorated rubber pads all the way around and used vinyl tubing on the spring ends instead.

The rear is too low, and as a result the camber is bananas. I'm going to put my 2-dot pads back on in the hope that scales it back a bit. 

dhyan7C_00qH50BjOxhNq4P-wuuBqa19cL4Mt_5B

Edited by MattL

MattL

1976 BMW 2002 Pastellblau

Philadelphia 'Burbs

3 minutes ago, MattL said:

My car won't look like this for long, but I wanted to post here to document the setup.

Front: Koni yellow inserts, H&R Sport springs, no spacers. 

Rear: Koni yellow inserts, H&R Sport springs, no pads.

I removed the deteriorated rubber pads all the way around and used vinyl tubing on the spring ends instead.

The rear is too low, and as a result the camber is bananas. I'm going to put my 2-dot pads back on in the hope that scales it back a bit. 

dhyan7C_00qH50BjOxhNq4P-wuuBqa19cL4Mt_5B

To me the rear is good and the front is too high.  Lol.  Also wheel diameter matters.  I would plan on fine tuning it once you have the final wheels on it if those are not them.  

1976 BMW 2002 Fjord Blue Ireland Stage II • Bilstein Sports • Ireland Headers • Weber 38 • 292 Cam • 9.5:1 Pistons • 123Tune Bluetooth 15" BBS

2018 BMW M550i X-Drive

1964 Volvo Amazon Wagon
http://www.project2002.com

12 minutes ago, jrhone said:

To me the rear is good and the front is too high.  Lol.  Also wheel diameter matters.  I would plan on fine tuning it once you have the final wheels on it if those are not them.  

I'm definitely with you, aesthetically. I love the way the height of the back looks. But the negative camber in the back really is silly looking, and I'm sure it's not good for the handling or tire wear. I hope to eventually get some 14" wheels on there - Alpina clones or E30 basketweaves, maybe - but that's probably a ways off, budget wise. So in the interim, I figure putting the pads back on is a good idea. As for the front, yeah, I was hoping for more of a drop, but unless I'm wrong, shortening the struts would be the next step. Too much work and money! And handling is definitely priority #1. 

Edited by MattL

MattL

1976 BMW 2002 Pastellblau

Philadelphia 'Burbs

• 1 month later...
On 3/31/2019 at 4:27 PM, MattL said:

I'm definitely with you, aesthetically. I love the way the height of the back looks. But the negative camber in the back really is silly looking, and I'm sure it's not good for the handling or tire wear. I hope to eventually get some 14" wheels on there - Alpina clones or E30 basketweaves, maybe - but that's probably a ways off, budget wise. So in the interim, I figure putting the pads back on is a good idea. As for the front, yeah, I was hoping for more of a drop, but unless I'm wrong, shortening the struts would be the next step. Too much work and money! And handling is definitely priority #1. 

Mine , just set it down on the 14" Alpina clones. The rear almost runs but need to drive it and let the suspension settle 1st I figure.

20190501_211554.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...