• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

3rd brake light...again

Jack

I have a small red strobe about 1/2 the size of a cigarette pack wired to the center brake light, Since it flashes every second it's an attention grabber.

I bought mine as a clearance item but you can spend a little more and get the very best here:

http://www.swps.com/ionr.html

This flasher unit is the next step : http://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/led-vehicle-replacement-bulbs/brake-light-strobe-module/195/

Is fuel efficiency really what we need most desperately? I say what we really need is a car that can be shot when it breaks down.

- George Carlin

How long did it take you guys to get your model 38's from D. stern?

About 2 months, but at the same time I ordered a pair of Cibie headlights which, Mr. Stern told me, were on backorder, hence the delay.  In my experience, he will not be proactive and keep you informed about your order.  You need to contact him.

I always do it right the second time.

1970 2002 Chamonix (Fiona)

1976 2002 Chamonix (Blanche), '73 2002 Colorado (Nemo), '72 2002 Riviera, '74 2002 Atlantik, '71 1600 Sahara (Binkley) all sold

Saw this today, ironically on a Japanese car forum. LOL. Wish I new how it mounted.

Hmmmm, might be my failing eyesight, but that look like a pair of square amber lights - like you might use for turn signals?

Andy the tail light guy says "Be Seen, and Not Hurt!"  [mailto:mobrighta@comcast.net]

Lighting Upgrades for E3, E9, E10, E12, E21, E23, E24, E28, E30, E32, E36, E39 - front & back
Tail Light upgrades keep them off your tail, out of your trunk;
Headlight film keeps your 'eyes' from being scratched out or broken.

• 3 weeks later...

After reading this thread a few weeks ago, I ordered from Daniel Stern, and finished up the install last night. Easy job, and feel much more comfortable using in daily city driving. 

. Pretty sure it's the only 1970 2002 ti in Toronto with a third brake light!

After reading this thread a few weeks ago, I ordered from Daniel Stern, and finished up the install last night. Easy job, and feel much more comfortable using in daily city driving. 

. Pretty sure it's the only 1970 2002 ti in Toronto with a third brake light!

I was driving around yesterday, in some traffic.  It was sunny and 91 here in Seattle.  While sitting at a stop light, I could see all 3 of my brake lights brightly reflecting off the chrome front bumper of a large SUV behind me.  I had to smile.

I always do it right the second time.

1970 2002 Chamonix (Fiona)

1976 2002 Chamonix (Blanche), '73 2002 Colorado (Nemo), '72 2002 Riviera, '74 2002 Atlantik, '71 1600 Sahara (Binkley) all sold

I just installed the high mount, LED strip like a few others have done, and I think its great. Super easy, and visible. My car was already hit back in the 90's, and the "repair" is starting to show, so I'm trying to avoid any more damage.

3rdbrake_zps8b87bcd1.jpeg

'72 - 2533095 ex-auto, not stock

'76 - 2374191 PNO - boo, CA SMOG

Looks great, Justin! Just my humble opinion, this is the best way to go because it's so stealth and the position and shape of the light is much higher than the DStern lights.  Not to mention, about 25% of the price of a D. Stern 3rd brake light.

Looks great, Justin! Just my humble opinion, this is the best way to go because it's so stealth and the position and shape of the light is much higher than the DStern lights.  Not to mention, about 25% of the price of a D. Stern 3rd brake light.

^This. I made mine even bigger so people would really see me.

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

Thanks to roadhog I copied his idea and couldn't be happier. Easy install and easy on the pocketbook and does a fantastic job. Thanks again...

1995 Toyota Landcruiser

1975 2002A

1989 Dodge Raider (sold)

1974 Toyota Landcruiser (very sadly sold)

1994 BMW 530i (sold)

1992 BMW 325i (sold)

1970 2002 auto sunroof (sold)