• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where did you drive your 2002 today?

Still no luck with the center caps?

My shed is absolutely awful at the moment and I’ve got bloody Covid again!!! Arghh but when I find my old battered caps I will get them measured, the Octavos are so nice, the Inka car looks great with them on. I found some old pics of the original and new caps.

IMG_4373.jpeg

IMG_0644.jpeg

IMG_0621.jpeg

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, SydneyTii said:

Still no luck with the center caps?

No sir... I ordered two different sizes from that British site you sent me to...neither size would fit

Any help would be most appreciated,

Ed Z

• Like 2

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

Out of my garage and right back in. 😁

Bad alternator at the moment and don't want to take it too far, but I had to move it out of the garage so I had room to set up new shelves. 

• Like 1

Took a short drive to a place that overlooks Monterey Bay between the recent rain storms.  I'm stoked to have the Thrasher back in action.  Thanks to Bart at The Resto Shop.  He completely rebuilt the Thrasher's front subframe.  On the road again...

MontereyBayOverlook.jpg

• Like 4

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

On Saturday I changed my main air corrector jet to a 165 from a 150 and then took it out to Mercer Island for a test drive. Much better. The 150 AC was making it run way too rich. 

IMG_3294.thumb.jpeg.17c043b7497eff6fecd2abe280d420e2.jpeg

• Like 1

Ha, I used to park at that same spot in High School and sneak across the street to see my girl friend while her parents were at work. Back then east Mercer way was seldom used and I would ring out my built bug eye sprite there daily.

• Like 2

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944

21 hours ago, Son of Marty said:

Ha, I used to park at that same spot in High School and sneak across the street to see my girl friend while her parents were at work. Back then east Mercer way was seldom used and I would ring out my built bug eye sprite there daily.

Haha! Nice memory. Perfect place for a sprite. Tight hairpin corners through the woods on that side of the island. I am thankful we got back an hour of sunlight so that I can actually see the edges of the road. It's a little spooky in the dark with the original sealed beam headlights. I haven't installed the Koito H4s yet but those plus some driving/rally lights pointing towards the edges and I think I'd be all set. If I was how I was back in high school I would probably be like you were back in the day and worrying about the consequences later. 😀

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Took a drive to see the ocean.  The Echium is in bloom this time of year.  They love the coastal climate around here.

Echium

Flowers2.jpeg

Flowers1.jpeg

Edited by JohnS
  • Like 8

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

It’s the best of spring in central Texas this week…65 and sunny… took the Ceylon Gold tii out for a long drive today.

IMG_8845.thumb.jpeg.e6ea7ee3d1faf5e0c69423c3e377ac0e.jpegIMG_8844.thumb.jpeg.9e6359c5825e184cd3d8bd37f4cdd04a.jpeg

• Like 11

Don’t let the fear of what could happen

make nothing happen…

Tonight I drove  the Baur into a European car meet at a local hamburger spot… great turn out we had at least six 2002s there.

IMG_8879.thumb.jpeg.66c7be2a54d23dbf9b6e599ab450cc24.jpegIMG_8880.thumb.jpeg.1906008190be02de8763ee75af8cdda2.jpeg

• Like 6

Don’t let the fear of what could happen

make nothing happen…