• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Goodbye Wends!

steve k.

• Administrators

It saddens me to say that we have lost a dear friend in the San Francisco Bay Area.  After a courageous battle with cancer, Wendel Schumacher-Milburn @1936spyder has left us. Your towering stance and a giant smile will be missed but not forgotten. You were a talented,  fun-loving, and genuine human being who will always be remembered. 

steve k.

• Sad 18

Get your 2002 FAQ merchandise from 2002FAQ Store

I'm shocked and saddened beyond words. 

My sincerest condolences to his family, friends and all who knew him.  We share an incalculable loss.

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com

How incredibly sad. Though I had never met Wends in person, we had dozens of exchanges on IG, mostly chatting about his ability to walk up to any car and capture its essence through details. He was a master at that process. Now whenever I see a Sahara 02, I will think of him. RIP, Wends...

Paul Huber

1972 2002 Baur Targa in Baikal & 1971 2002 Pickup in Silver/Surf

"The more you know, the less you need."

—Aboriginal Saying

Oh my, what sad news!

Wendel frequently attended the local cars & coffee, Brisbane Swap & Show, Hillsborough Concours, etc. and we shared many stories about our cars and growing up in the Bay Area. His presence and creative pictures will be fondly remembered.

My heartfelt condolences to his family and friends.

John

Wow, I had no idea what he was going through. I always enjoyed talking with him at the Brisbane event every year and elsewhere, too. He helped me many times and was always so kind to me and so nice to my daughter.  Definitely a great human. I’m so sad he’s no longer with us. Wow. 

Wow! Im totally in shock. I was texting with him just two weeks ago. I can not belive this is real. He seemed postive about his recovery and his new car. Im in disbelief. He was so welcoming and an amazingly positive person. For many months we were one of the few 2002s doing the extended BCR rallys and it was always him and I at the end.  I'm praying for his family and close ones. What a wonderful soul

• Like 2

Wendel’s presence will certainly be missed. He was always friendly, positive and cordial whenever we met, regardless of the fact that I’m not a regular to the local events. He always made me feel welcomed, and I can only hope that I can follow his example with the people I meet along the way. Life’s too short. Condolences to his friends and family.

• Like 1