• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

the mad, crazy world of parts for sale

esty

18 hours ago, '76mintgrün'02 said:

Hey esty, did you see the lovely carpet they have for sale?   $765 + $100 shipping.

Picture 1 of 6

s-l500.png
WWW.EBAY.COM

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Floor Covering Interior Carpet Beige BMW 2002 E10 1502 2002tii 95K at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

I certainly saw it, Tom, and was trying to imagine the potential buyer of it for $765! How LITTLE would you need to know about ‘02’s before a rubbish 1-piece carpet seemed like a reasonable buy at $765? 🙄

Best regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

From your Local BMW Dealer:

WWW.REALOEM.COM

Tii Injection valve

M 88

01/01/1970
To:
-
Weight:
0.080 kgPrice:
$752.86
Part 13531252861 was found on the following vehicles:

I don't take myself or opinions Seriously

My 4th 2002 and the first set of Square Tail-Lights

See the 4 versions of my 2002 project here: SoCal S2002 | Facebook

6 minutes ago, Einspritz said:

You mean to tell us that you didn't start collecting parts 30 years ago?

We should be happy that there are so many reproduction parts and best of all that "Internet thing" instead of faxing inquiries around the world.

i did not start collecting parts 30 years ago, it was 45 years ago...we have 2, 40 foot storage containers...are you suggesting that makes me a gold digger...if so, you don't know me

Not at all, as an enthusiast, you had foresight.

I've been collecting Turbo parts since 1983, when my car was probably the third in the nation, and Tii parts way before that.

But one has to put in perspective the cost of parts now, and also in relation to other classic cars. BMW parts (and cars) have always been relatively "expensive", well at least for me, since 1972.

At least now the aftermarket is making parts that have been NLA for decades. For that, we should be happy.

• Like 1