• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Son Of Cobra - Carbon Fiber 2002 Exterior Panels

danco_

Just a coincidence... I started googling how to rip ATM's out of the wall with stolen F150's .   Just kidding....I know you need to use a tow truck. 

With that being said,  if you were in the market for a new hood, I don't think that these are too far off an OEM one, especially after you consider that a steel one needs to be painted.   And I have yet to get a panel new or otherwise that didn't need some love. 

I wonder if I could drive all the way from Ontario to California without a hood or trunk.   Perhaps we could meet at Mid-America.  These things are quite distracting. 

"Goosed" 1975 BMW 2002

7 hours ago, Dudeland said:

Just a coincidence... I started googling how to rip ATM's out of the wall with stolen F150's .   Just kidding....I know you need to use a tow truck. 

I don't think you're giving yourself enough credit. I think an F150 would work. I believe in you! 

I wonder if I could drive all the way from Ontario to California without a hood or trunk.   Perhaps we could meet at Mid-America.  These things are quite distracting. 

Do it! I wonder if this would make exhaust fumes worse or better. ?

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Dudeland said:

With that being said,  if you were in the market for a new hood, I don't think that these are too far off an OEM one, especially after you consider that a steel one needs to be painted.   And I have yet to get a panel new or otherwise that didn't need some love. 

I'm sure we can figure it out. There is always someone driving in or out of California that can transport a few panels, if you are trying to save on shipping costs. 

When is Mid America this year? 

13 hours ago, florida2002m3 said:

Please excuse my ignorance, but are there any pics of what part of the roof needs to be cut out.  Possibly post up the installation instructions.  I couldnt find them on the website.

We haven't listed the install instructions on the website but I do have them available for buyers. 

We document measurements on where to cut, grind, sand, bond, etc. It's a very simple process and I'd wager about 5 hours work total for the DIY guy in his garage. 

If you click this youtube link, you can see a quick 1.5 minute teaser video we made on part of the process in building a car. At the 13 second mark, you get a sneak peek at the roof panel cut outs and the CF panel that replaces the metal roof. 

Since this video was shot, we improved our roof panel a bit more and made it even easier to install. 

Edited by danco_

some cars

some motorcycles

some airplanes

some surfboards

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Ian said:

Christmas came early, my Son of Cobra CF roof arrived!  

This will certainly make painting the top of the roll cage easier....

SOC_CF_Roof.jpg

Ian, I think you got ripped off. That doesn't look like cf; it looks like wood!

:D

• Haha 2

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

9 hours ago, Ian said:

Christmas came early, my Son of Cobra CF roof arrived!  

This will certainly make painting the top of the roll cage easier....

SOC_CF_Roof.jpg

I saw the email earlier with regards to the box damage. I think UPS lost that box in a tiger cage and lost 2 employees trying to get it back.

I’m glad it arrived safely! What a strange set of events 

some cars

some motorcycles

some airplanes

some surfboards