• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ireland Engineering Issues?

its55

First time purchaser from IE today. I had called and emailed them last week to check stock on a few parts that I wanted to purchase. I didn't get a response from either message. I figured they were very busy, like a lot of other businesses I deal with, so no big deal. I'm patient so I'll get a hold of them eventually. I had to drive out to LA today, so I stopped by on my way back home. I found the employee that I was talking to was knowledgeable, professional and  friendly. They had all but one of the parts, which he said he would send me in a couple weeks when it comes in. All in all, for me, a good experience. I'll buy from them again. 

• Like 1

I've always had good experiences ordering stuff from Ireland Engineering.  Was happy to see that they have reproduced the little lock plates for the clutch slave cylinder on the 2002 4-speed transmission (this part has been NLA from BMW for years).  I'm setting up a newly rebuilt 4-speed tranny for my 73tii and this piece I ordered from IE arrived today along with some other parts.

LockPlateClutchSlave4Speed02.jpg

Edited by JohnS

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

I've complained about IE before. My orders are screwed up 50% of the time.

I ordered their headlight adjusters and headlight covers a couple weeks ago.

They took three days to ship, meh could be better but  I was in no hurry.

Everything was correct and the order was packed really well with all items  sealed in clear envelopes 

with plenty of bubble wrap. Was nice to see, hopefully they have turned the corner and are back on track.

Edited by jp5Touring
  • Like 1

On 6/11/2022 at 1:16 AM, R.I.P.B.M.W. said:

I had called and emailed them last week to check stock on a few parts that I wanted to purchase. I didn't get a response from either message. I figured they were very busy, like a lot of other businesses I deal with, so no big deal.  

I wish I could run my business like that...

• Like 2

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

2 hours ago, ray_ said:

I wish I could run my business like that...

You can, Ray! Maybe not forever, but at least for a little while, until you close down… ?

Best,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Ok, in my recent experience, I tried to call and e-mail for some clarification on different parts selection options. no call back, but after many days and a second request, got an e-mail reply but no answer to my question.

So, I took a chance  and ordered what I thought was what I wanted. I received the parts via FedEx just a few days later.

It ended to my satisfaction, so when I need more, I will order again.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Conserv said:

You can, Ray! Maybe not forever, but at least for a little while, until you close down… ?

Best,

Steve

That's like the (untrue) joke that with a single engine failure on a twin engine plane, you can fly on the remaining engine all the way to the crash site!

:D

(Thanks Bill)

Cheers,

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

7 hours ago, Einspritz said:

Ok, in my recent experience, I tried to call and e-mail for some clarification on different parts selection options. no call back, but after many days and a second request, got an e-mail reply but no answer to my question.

So, I took a chance  and ordered what I thought was what I wanted. I received the parts via FedEx just a few days later.

It ended to my satisfaction, so when I need more, I will order again.

So, basically, you took a chance and it worked........this time. Good for you.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

• 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, AceAndrew said:

Lol,

in other news… just finished another five DCOE fuel rails (the sixth is for a friend, so don’t count that one) that are headed to IE tonight.

838AF9E1-3CF5-4FAD-B180-8134643E631A.jpeg

I have one of these, very nice work. Looks great on my DCOE's  and very clean look.  

• Like 1

Just don't place a big order with many parts. 

1.  IE will charge you *huge* FedEx shipping charges for all the individual pieces (my current order of $1700 had over $250 FedEx shipping tacked on).

2.  IE will wait *forever* to ship because one little item held up the entire shipment (my current order has been there for almost 4 weeks before shipment and it just shipped this week but has not arrived).  All for one $.50 seal that was missing in one refurb kit.

I ordered one item from IE that I missed in the big order and got it in a week.  In the meantime, I placed a similar sized order with Blunttech and it was here in a week (with only $30 shipping charges for an oversized item).