• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pebble Beach Concours 2020 Cancelled

adawil2002

2020 Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance Cancelled due to ongoing COVID-19 concerns

PEBBLE BEACH, Calif. (April 22, 2020) — Knowing that entrants, judges, volunteers and guests face ongoing health concerns related to the COVID-19 pandemic, officials of the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance have decided to cancel the Show which was scheduled for August 16, 2020. 

“My heart goes out to all of the people who are involved in the Pebble Beach Concours and who are impacted by this decision,” said Concours Chairman Sandra Button. “Many of our entrants have been working on a special car for years, and this was to be their moment. Some of our overseas entrants were nearing the point of putting their cars on boats and planes, and their own travel arrangements have long been made. The same is true for many of our international cadre of judges.”

“We thank all of the enthusiasts who have gathered at Pebble Beach time and again to renew long-standing friendships, celebrate great cars and give so generously to Concours charities — and who have already expressed their support for the coming celebration no matter the date.” 

The car selection process for the 70th Pebble Beach Concours, which was scheduled for Sunday, August 16, 2020, was recently completed, and entrants were notified of their acceptance earlier this month. The acceptance letters stressed that these cars were invited to appear at the 70th celebration — even if it was delayed.  With the cancellation of this year’s event, the 70th Pebble Beach Concours will now take place on Sunday, August 15, 2021. 

Features will remain as planned, with a display of past Best of Show winners along the edge of Stillwater Cove, and special classes focusing on Pininfarina coachwork, Porsche 917, Talbot-Lago Grand Sport, Miller racing, Iso, Early Electrics and the Carrera Panamericana.

“Pebble Beach Company has been pleased to host this event since its beginning, and we look forward to hosting the 70th celebration in 2021,” said Company CEO William L. Perocchi. “This event does more than celebrate great cars; it benefits so many people in need. Ultimately, the continued health and safety of everyone associated with the Concours is our number one priority, which led us to this difficult decision.  We recognize that cancelling the 2020 Event will be disappointing to many, although we are confident it is appropriate under these unique circumstances.” 

All tickets purchased to date for the 70th Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance will be valid for the event on Sunday, August 15, 2021. Ticket purchasers who cannot attend the 70th Concours on its new 2021 date, can request a refund by emailing info@pebblebeachconcours.net. 

For more information on the Concours, go to www.pebblebeachconcours.net

About Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance

First conducted in 1950, Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance® (www.pebblebeachconcours.net) has grown to be the world's premier celebration of the automobile. Only the most beautiful and historic cars are invited to appear on the famed 18th fairway of Pebble Beach Golf Links®, and connoisseurs of art and style gather to admire these masterpieces. Charitable donations raised by Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance® now total over $29 million. Related events include Pebble Beach Tour d'Elegance® presented by Rolex, Pebble Beach RetroAuto™, Pebble Beach Classic Car Forum™ presented by AIG and BridgePoint, and Pebble Beach® Auctions presented by Gooding & Company. Pebble Beach®, Pebble Beach Golf Links®, Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance®, Pebble Beach Tour d'Elegance®, Pebble Beach RetroAuto™, Pebble Beach Classic Car Forum™, and Pebble Beach® Automotive Week are trademarks, service marks and trade dress of Pebble Beach Company. All rights reserved.

About Pebble Beach Company

Pebble Beach Company, headquartered in Pebble Beach, Calif., owns and operates the world-famous Pebble Beach Resorts®, including The Lodge at Pebble Beach™, The Inn at Spanish Bay™ and Casa Palmero®. The company also operates four renowned golf courses: Pebble Beach Golf Links®, Spyglass Hill® Golf Course, The Links at Spanish Bay™ and Del Monte™ Golf Course. Its other famed properties include scenic 17-Mile Drive®, The Spa at Pebble Beach™, Pebble Beach Golf Academy™ and Pebble Beach® Equestrian Center. It annually hosts premier events such as the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance®, AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am, TaylorMade Pebble Beach Invitational presented by Dell Technologies, Pebble Beach™ Food & Wine and the PURE Insurance Championship Impacting The First Tee. Future site of the 2023 U.S. Women’s Open and 2027 U.S. Open Championships, Pebble Beach Golf Links® has hosted six U.S. Opens, five U.S. Amateurs, one PGA Championship, and numerous other tournaments. For reservations or more information please call (800) 654-9300 or visit www.pebblebeach.com.

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

And with that, I imagine the rest of the entire two week "festival". Does not surprise me one bit.

At least I can say that my car will be entirely done and sorted by next year's festivities.

'74 Sahara/Beige 2002 HS car, long, long ago...

'73 Polaris/Navy 2002 tii lost to Canada

'73 Malaga/Saddle 2002 current project

'73 Taiga/Black 2002 tii in my dreams

I always felt 'socially distant' there in a normal year....

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

'59 Morris Minor, '67 Triumph TR4A, '68 Silver Shadow, '72 2002tii, '73 Jaguar E-Type,

'73 2002tii w/Alpina mods , '74 2002turbo, '85 Alfa Spider, '03 Lotus Elise

:(

i've gone to pebble beach week every year for a decade. but this is the right thing to do and we will always have next year....

• Like 2

18' Racing Yellow 911 GT3
71' Agave Green 2002
10' Silver Landcruiser 200 series
10' White Landcruiser Prado 150 series

Car Week around the Monterey Peninsula is one of the FUNNEST times of year, it's a shame it has been canceled.

If any "02" enthusiast are still planning to be in town for the canceled weekend (Friday, Saturday & Sunday), contact me, I'm gonna put something together, (BBQ, backroad drives etc........), I live here in Seaside (93955) 

Doug