• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

2 hours ago, 2002iii said:

Did that fall off too?

I was hoping it would. I gave it 8 months but nothing happened. The drive shaft that I had forever and swapped in for the five speed conversion was a quarter inch too long. Finally putting in the proper drive shaft and what better time to swap in the 3.90?😎IMG_20221016_173802002_HDR.thumb.jpg.694651781708a0f92ae1f8043726734b.jpg

• Like 4

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

Got the subframe and rear brakes back in and assembled. Driveline and exhaust too. 
C1EFEA8B-18B2-446D-8CCD-A8C6AC7717CF.thumb.jpeg.2a29594d032ceb6d586bce2010ccc59c.jpeg

gotta ask my paint guy for some touchup paint though… chipped some of the black off installing the shoes 😭 or just not care :)

Oh, found this gem for sale on the german ‘Craigslist’ of ebay klein!

54E061B6-40B1-4694-9543-2BEC0DA1F198.thumb.png.75e0e1d12eb4a0f25d0c41b013741e58.png

• Like 3

On 10/16/2022 at 1:33 PM, Steve Tochi said:

Loaded up and off to painter.....5 years later. It's been so long, primer color is actually "in".

Was waiting for inflationary pressures to be of full force and effect, and thus saving ~8% in theory.  That's how I justified it anyway.

74tii 10.15.22.jpg

Hey Steve,

Sorry, late to the game, if you have already mentioned it before, what color? Going original?
And where? I will be looking for a painter in the future for my mint grun. I live in Long Beach, CA.(before anyone gives me a hard time, I put CA, because I have been to Long Beach NY in the past :) )

Philip

Life is short, enjoy the ride!
L'Ultimo Ciclista, 200Km race, Nove Colli 2012

1976 Mint Grun

Philip

25 minutes ago, John76 said:

You even had some left over to paint the crimp terminal on your alternator ground wire!

Now that's what I call "Engine Bay OCD"  😁

Tell me about it...all I can see in that picture is my mismatched radiator houses (silicone & rubber)

• Like 1

Engine bay OCD is a real problem

@02carbs 

Last Friday, I picked up my 73 tii from Bimmers R Us.  Greg Stroud did a great job of installing and related witchcraft in adjusting the Kugelfisher that was rebuilt at Performance Automotive Research.

Engine is very strong.  A few detail items to address after the fall driving season.

Engine Complete - Left.jpg

Engine Complete - Right.jpg

Frau Blucher at Bimmers.jpg

• Like 7

Frau Blucher - 73 tii

Captain Biggles - 66 Triumph TR4a

7 hours ago, David Layton said:

Last Friday, I picked up my 73 tii from Bimmers R Us.  Greg Stroud did a great job of installing and related witchcraft in adjusting the Kugelfisher that was rebuilt at Performance Automotive Research.

Engine is very strong.  A few detail items to address after the fall driving season.

Engine Complete - Left.jpg

Engine Complete - Right.jpg

Frau Blucher at Bimmers.jpg

I hope you one day are able to fit the tii airbox :)

Cheers,

• Like 3

Ray

On 10/16/2022 at 4:42 PM, ray_ said:

I was hoping it would. I gave it 8 months but nothing happened. The drive shaft that I had forever and swapped in for the five speed conversion was a quarter inch too long. Finally putting in the proper drive shaft and what better time to swap in the 3.90?😎IMG_20221016_173802002_HDR.thumb.jpg.694651781708a0f92ae1f8043726734b.jpg

Sorry the five speed was not to spec, my bad. 

Don

1973 Sahara # too long ago, purchased in 1978 sold in 1984

1973 Chamonix # 2589243 Katrina Victim, formerly in the good sawzall hands of Baikal.2002 and gone to heaven.

1973 Inka # 2587591 purchased from Mike McCurdy, Dec 2007

27 minutes ago, beammmer said:

Sorry the five speed was not to spec, my bad. 

I'll expect a refund next time we meet.  ;-)

:D

• Haha 1

Ray

On 10/18/2022 at 10:08 PM, ray_ said:

I hope you one day are able to fit the tii airbox :)

Cheers,

I have the 'Cannister Vacuum Cleaner' airbox as it came with the parts box that came with the car.  I would need to look at the engine bay again as one of the fender brackets was reappropriated.  It may just be holding a power cable that could be moved.

• Like 1

Frau Blucher - 73 tii

Captain Biggles - 66 Triumph TR4a