• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

Installed the Themis Alternator Bracket Upgrade on my '73 tii today..  As expected, my lower mounts were toast ... mush.  I missed out on the first run that Themis made of these brackets.  Glad I was able to participate in the 2nd run.  He's got them for sale in the 'For Sale' section here for both tiis and 2002s.  Thanks Themis,

John

Bracket0.JPG

Bracket1.JPG

Bracket2.JPG

Bracket3.JPG

Edited by JohnS
  • Like 7

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

Had to take her for a shake down cruze after installing the alternator bracket.  Through the beautiful Brussel Sprout fields of Watsonville. ?  No problems

Cruze1.JPG

Cruze2.JPG

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

Slowly slowly getting the '73 ready for the road. This weekend I got the transmission leak solved (reverse light switch) as well as reconnecting the reverse light switch, which for some reason had been disconnected. Driveshaft reconnected up front. Started to investigate the rear diff and have decided to drop the diff out and replace the rear seal and both output seals. My goal is to get this car (which has been up on stilts for 9 months now) on a drive yet this Fall, so moving into high gear on weeknights to tackle remaining issues.

• Like 4

--

'73 Sahara numbers matching 

'74 Mintgrun sunroof car w/ oem Golde deflector, euro bumpers, 5spd, owned since 2002

On 8/17/2019 at 4:22 PM, JohnS said:

Had to take her for a shake down cruze after installing the alternator bracket.  Through the beautiful Brussel Sprout fields of Watsonville. ?  No problems

Cruze1.JPG

Cruze2.JPG

Did you get sideways in the dirt? ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Swiss 2002Tii said:

Installed AEM gauges for AFR, fuel pressure, and oil pressure into a KWerks console panel:

IMG_1886.jpg.159c51eac341ec94a16dba728218af94.jpgIMG_1888.jpg.c2b4d56bd66370ac2f51dc8dca74dc77.jpg

Did some similar plumbing — bought a whole lot of M10x1 stuff only to recognise that I remembered wrong and had used a M12x1.5 distributor housing when assembling the engine.

So I had to make the hollow screw for the banjo fitting myself.

5AB11D79-2727-429B-A61B-F40B1DDE0410.jpeg

CE6B076F-2169-4B42-99F9-00DED9098EE9.jpeg

Edited by uai
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, uai said:

Did some similar plumbing — bought a whole lot of M10x1 stuff only to recognise that I remembered wrong and had used a M12x1.5 distributor housing when assembling the engine.

So I had to make the hollow screw for the banjo fitting myself.

CE6B076F-2169-4B42-99F9-00DED9098EE9.jpeg

Very nice solution vs. the skyscraper approach!

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif

On 8/18/2019 at 3:57 PM, BeMyWay said:

What gas pedal are you using?...looks solid!

It's the IE billet pedal, it does take a bit of work to get it in though, the base runs up against the curve for the trans tunnel.

A hammer helped flatten the area out a bit, and I used the bench grinder to round the base of the pedal a bit to fit better.  Also had to shim it with washers to keep it flat.

Nice and smooth if you get it aligned right though.

• Like 1

John Baas

1976 BMW 2002

2001 BMW M5

My Blog!

4 hours ago, Andrewp said:

Did you get sideways in the dirt? ?

Of course ?  I promised my friend (the farmer) not to throw dirt on his Brussel Sprout crop though...

Edited by JohnS

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️