• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

2 hours ago, Sharktrainer said:

Having sooooo much fun with my blow through turbo install. *sarcasm*

IMG_5003.jpg

IMG_4999.jpg

Holy moly. Someone needs group therapy. Would you like to share with the group?

we need to understand what carb you have under that saucepan. 

Share!

• Haha 1

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

Holley 4150 700cfm double pumper modified for blow through application. Boost referenced and with adjustable power valve.

3/8" fuel supply via a Quick Fuel 115gph fuel pump 7-10psi and Quick Fuel Rising Rate fuel pressure regulator with boost reference/bypass adjustable to 4-9psi plus return line.

IMG_4824.jpg

Edited by Sharktrainer
  • Like 3

Oh my... first we see an '02 with a 383 small block Chevy and now a turbo'd M10 with a Holley double pumper....

More info... please :)

I see the 123Ignition B)

Ed

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

Not much info yet, still installing. The Holley carb alone running a long tube header was an absolute jump ahead in power from both the 38/38 Weber and a pair of DCOE 40 Webers that I've had on there before. Haven't even had the secondaries open yet to see what really was lurking at that stage.

Adapted Holley via a 2 to 4 barrel adapter. Just a little filing to get 2 barrel side of adapter to mate to intake manifold.

Carb is turned 90° from original rod linkage and still sorting that. Had some issues of binding.

Todays plan is to route intercooler piping and intercooler in the little upper slot forward of radiator.

Weld down pipe and plasma cutting tomorrow evening.

Anticipating my 15 gallon fuel cell will arrive Saturday.

IMG_5013.jpg

Edited by Sharktrainer
  • Like 2

I am just really enjoying my sand blast experiences for a week now. I got way too much time (ok not) so literally blasting the entire car. It just melts in front of my eyes. Too bad it's giving so much dirt and silicate everywhere.. Any way I can't damage the metal so that's just great. If anyone needs anything blasted :D Mosy of the metal is far gone and needs a good sand blasting so yeah I'm  just doing like ten different things at the same time, which really is a bad habit..

PS does anyone know or can explain how I am gonna remove the rest of the A-post that's still left on picture 3? Without cutting the rest of the car apart please..as I am already cutting half of the car away to properly repair and blast things (or replace).

Cheers JP

IMG_3974.JPG

IMG_3978.JPG

IMG_3980.JPG

Edited by dhr.vdw

2 hours ago, dhr.vdw said:

PS does anyone know or can explain how I am gonna remove the rest of the A-post that's still left on picture 3? 

IMG_3980.JPG

I assume you already have the W&N a pillar panel?

I replaced my a pillar recently, just try to go as high as possible cutting it off with a small angle grinder disc. Feel free to check out my forum post/restoration thread for more info/pictures on how I did this.

1 hour ago, D.martijn said:

I assume you already have the W&N a pillar panel?

I replaced my a pillar recently, just try to go as high as possible cutting it off with a small angle grinder disc. Feel free to check out my forum post/restoration thread for more info/pictures on how I did this.

Yep, got it! Thanks, I will check out your thread. I got it like this now:

Think this is high enough, and I sand blasted everything on the inside.

IMG_3984.JPG

IMG_3985.JPG