• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

UPDATE 10/26/16 !! With the Dollar Strong Anybody Interested in a Group Buy of 123 Ignition?

Captain Manly

Just so people are clear it's either Bluetooth OR USB. The Bluetooth versions does not have a USB connection and the USB version does not any have Bluetooth capability.  I would have hoped for a all in one version to select which connection you wanted but the Bluetooth is very easy to use. I may be in for another Bluetooth. 

1976 BMW 2002 Fjord Blue Ireland Stage II • Bilstein Sports • Ireland Headers • Weber 38 • 292 Cam • 9.5:1 Pistons • 123Tune Bluetooth 15" BBS

2018 BMW M550i X-Drive

1964 Volvo Amazon Wagon
http://www.project2002.com

Would someone kindly explain the differences between the USB and Bluetooth models?

Thanks.

'06 Silver Chrysler 300 SRT8

'05 SSB Chrysler Crossfire Roadster SRT6

'72 Sterlingsilber Metallic BMW 2002tii Vin #2760002

'90 Lachssilber Metallic BMW 320iS Vin # AE27695 "Italian M3"

5 minutes ago, larbo53 said:

Would someone kindly explain the differences between the USB and Bluetooth models?

Thanks.

You plug a USB cable into the USB one to program or adjust it.

You use the magic of radio to program the other.  

It's one or the other - not both.

FAQ Member # 2616

"What do you mean NEXT project?"

-- My wife.

They work the same but have differing means of connecting to interact. 

The Bluetooth version uses an iOS or Android app to connect with your phone / iPad/ tablet etc. 

The USB uses a direct cabled USB connection to a PC or laptop running 123 software. 

Check this his video of the Bluetooth version 

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

I emailed them to find out which model works for the tii.  Apparently the USB 123/TUNE-4-R-V-BMW, Bluetooth 123/TUNE+ 4-R-V-BMW, or 123/BMW-4-R-V (with 14 switchable advance curves) are all applicable.

Here's a video of Leen installing the TUNE+ in a '74 tii:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQCRuBuwZcU

Where do you find the data points (degrees of advance vs.rpm) to input into the tune-able distributors?

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif