• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

We lost two good 02 lovers, one from the old guard and a young one

BillWilliams

Bill, I have followed your posts for many years and it's a real tradgedy to hear about your son.

I have two boys that love the 02's, though too young to help with anything but encouragement to go faster.

I only hope they never encounter such a senseless act. And that you and Ruth can find peace.

Beaner7102 - Shaun

1971 - 2002 RHD VIN 1653940. Agave (stock with Pertronix & 32/36 Weber) - "Cactus"

1972 - 1602 RHD VIN 1554408. Fjord (with 2L motor, 5spd & LSD - Weber 40/40 to come) - "Bluey"

1984 - E30 318i VIN WBAAK320208722176 - stock daily driver

I was very sorry to hear about your son, Bill.   It just doesn't make any sense.  Wish there was something I could say to make things seem less terrible, but I don't have that kind of stuff in me.  Forge ahead.  

Scott

02ing since '87

'72 tii Euro  //  '21 330i x //  '14 BMW X5  //  '12 VW Jetta GLI

My condolences to you and your family. When I started my first 02 project I read your posts so many times and the part I liked best was the family aspect of it, as I often had my son and daughter with me in the garage.

We will be praying for you and your family....

'72 Atlantik (RIP)

'02 E46 xiT with MT!

'67 Beetle

'69 Westy

Bill,

We have never met, We have never even communicated thru this forum, but my heart goes out to you and your family. I have 2 daughters around your sons age and I could not imagine the pain. God bless!

(1973 Fjord Blue 037) Vin 2588314- Build date February 6th, 1973- delivered to Hoffman Motors NYC February 8th.