• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Bad Decisions Are You Currently Reverting?

I am surprised no mentions (unless I missed them) of regretting cutting speaker holes in door cards.  That one in my first '02 was truly regrettable.  May I take the opportunity to suggest to newbies...please do not do it.  Mount speakers on the hood, roof, trunk, or a bumper if you have to, but not in a door card.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, otisdog said:

And what makes it worse is it was a she with back seat full of kids eating ice cream and I had my full racing gear on with helmet and all. Never, never again will I race anything other than a bicycle...ok maybe kids on trikes?

32 minutes ago, arkleo said:

Hell, the worst thing I did was a trim-delete, and I’m happy I did it.

A6FECC91-F07B-4975-9518-374EDD3871E4.jpeg

Well, you’re still in the denial phase—we will sit tight and wait another 4 years for this thread to be ressurected with your confession and plan for trim resolution.

Kidding. Car looks great. Those grills are doing all the work anyway. Very nice. 

1973 2002 Touring + Alpina A4  /  RHD 

11 hours ago, resra said:

And what makes it worse is it was a she with back seat full of kids eating ice cream and I had my full racing gear on with helmet and all. Never, never again will I race anything other than a bicycle...ok maybe kids on trikes?

If it was your bicycle racing kit, that's kinda' funny.

(And if the engine went, it was going to go anyway.  How much of a better story is this?  Did you get a date out of it?  Plot twist; it was the wife with their kids...  And she's been teasing you ever since about the silly little car.  Wow, great story, thanks.)

• Haha 1

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

lol @irdave... the plot thickens but your story sounds better than mine!

It truly happened...ok maybe the kids weren't eating ice cream but they were eating something... and yes my engine threw a rod and made a hole in the block maybe because I didn't use the right kind of oil that was recommended...I'm not sure but it was rough.

Edited by resra

41 minutes ago, resra said:

lol @irdave... the plot thickens but your story sounds better than mine!

It truly happened...ok maybe the kids weren't eating ice cream but they were eating something... and yes my engine threw a road and made a hole in the block maybe because I didn't use the right kind of oil that was recommended...I'm not sure but it was rough.

8k rpm and then lifting?  That'll bang some stuff around.

And I'll be honest, I love driving the slow car.  I wring it's freaking neck and I'm barely doing the speed limit.  And on a serious note, if it wasn't a 6 cylinder or a type R, your motor was probably tired.  I've found that if I'm serious about it I can pull away from most traffic playing stop light grand prix. (Unless they're serious about it too, then that CRV becomes a problem. ?)  That's why I'm selling the car with the s54- it's just too damned fast.

• Like 2

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

19 hours ago, 2002#2 said:

I am surprised no mentions (unless I missed them) of regretting cutting speaker holes in door cards.  That one in my first '02 was truly regrettable.  May I take the opportunity to suggest to newbies...please do not do it.  Mount speakers on the hood, roof, trunk, or a bumper if you have to, but not in a door card.

I am in the process of doing this, but I wasnt the one that cut the cards. 

• Like 1

Message me for 2002 Koozies!!!

3 hours ago, Steve Tochi said:

Not painting and freshening up the engine bay when the motor was out!

For me it was painting and freshening up the engine bay with rattle can paint, and doing the same with the subframe and suspension bits.  I cleaned everything really good and rattle canned it, but that stuff just doesn't hold up.  I assume if I'd had the engine bay painted with automotive paint and powder coated the suspension, everything would look much nicer now.

• Like 1

Josh (in Dallas)

'72 tii