• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How To Decided Which Car To Drive To Starbucks For Coffee :)

harry6422

Every morning I am faced with the same choice of which one to drive, I live in SoCal so the top down doesn't matter almost all year, it does help if they have the covers on them and I only look at the one I uncover :). Oh the stress, I guess I will use the odd/even last plate number like we did in the 70's for awhile to buy gas, LOL

Harry 

post-37485-0-77522300-1381969427_thumb.j

1975 BMW 2002 Taiga

2000 BMW M Roadster evergreen

hmmm, z3 .....modern high production car that blends in with all the rest.  99% of the population can't tell it's an M.

or

2002 in a "can't miss me" color....classic that will draw attention.  no cup holders though.

doesn't seem like much of a decision to me!   :)

2xM3

While I've never been to Starbux, the parking lot for the one in the center of town here is one of the most dangerous, congested cluster-f's I've seen. Under- or over-caffed morons in a hurry for their fix, backing into each other. I'd take the car you're least attached to!

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif

I rotate the stock, depends on my mood & the weather.

post-38744-0-91994700-1381977314_thumb.j

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

I would ride my bike, you are almost guaranteed a door ding in a Starbucks parking lot, and don't tell me it's too far because it is geographically impossible to be more than a couple hundred yards away from a Starbucks ;)

Edited by FunkyLaneO

74 Golf

I´d put a Gaggia in the garage, take a drive far away from town, and the have coffee watching the car cool down. But I guess that wasn´t the kind of drive we were talking about.

Next week I´m having coffee by die Nordschleife. And a few currywurst´s. VLN!

Ola Gustafson
Sweden
-------------------
1975 Taiga Euro 2002 3685483 - Weber 38/38 DGMS - Pertronix Ignitor - H&R Cup Kit - TEP headers and Simons 2" sport exhaust - 3.91 LSD.

Harry, is that an Evergreen Z3?  If so it's only the second one in that color that I've seen...very 60s/70s color and a good 'un...

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite