• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How far have you driven to inspect a 2002?

jgerock

Just curious about all you thrill-seekers and road warriors who cannot settle for piss-poor FS ad pictures like me. I went 480 miles RT today to inspect a '71 Nevada 2002 near Wilkes-Barre, PA. Sadly, it was too rough for me.

Has anyone here driven more than 500 miles to check out a car? What about 1,000? Of course, I'm talking about driving and not a plane ride.

IMG_6624.jpg

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

about 900, but I decided before heading down that the parts it came with would make it worth it even if the car wasn't great. The body ended up being pretty rust free but had a lot of bondo...

It was a fun trip but a long day.

Jim: We drove 425 miles to see the '75 Sahara that I bought in the summer of 2003. Luckily, we were enroute to Baton Rouge, LA to see my brother's family, so stopping in Athens, AL was easily accomplished. We struck a deal; I left a deposit with the owner and he shipped it on his own flatbed about 10 days later. I also drove from Dayton to Parkersburg, WV to see a very sad '74 Sahara. They were all Sahara or Malaga that summer!!

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

I drove from Cincy to a stones throw from Branson, MO for a Tii parts car. 12 hours one way, no sleep till I was home. Came with Scheel seats and a ton of rust under its kilt. And no title.

IMG_5375.jpg

Drove from Cincy to Delaware for a 1971.. No title. No sleep until I was again home. ..No pics either. It was my first 2002. I bought it to strip to learn the car. Had no concept that the parts were even worth anything..!

2002 newbie, and dead serious about it.
(O=o00o=O)
Smart Audio Products for your 2002

I drove a couple hours after work to check out a '69 1600. Looked pretty much rust free and ran decent so I bought her! I had to wait about an hour for the AAA tow truck to show up. In the mean time I was hoping my policy would allow the driver to take her all the way home...it didn't of course but almost! We only had about 15 miles to go but by that time it was dark and had to drive it the rest of the way without headlights due to the half-assed wiring repairs and barely there brakes (I know I know...I took the back roads home going 20 mph and got out the way of other cars). I called the fam and told them to wait out in the driveway for a surprise. I was fun seeing their faces when I drove her up the driveway :)

35 miles for mine

and this!!! found in ads or descriptions ??!

"ended up being pretty rust free but had a lot of bondo.."

now think! - Why is BONDO present ?

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

We drove from the SF Bay Area to Boise Idaho to buy my son's E30 M3 a few years ago. We rented a car and drove up to boise checked out the M3 and it was exactly as described so we bought it turned the rental car in and headed home about 1400 miles round trip.

Ceylon 1973 2002tii 2762669

1972 Austin Mini 1275 traded

1970 Barracuda Convertible

1974 Schwarz 2002

1955 Chevy Bel Air 2 Dr Hardtop

I've done 250, I Issaquah to Shelton and back. All on one tank of gas :)

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2