• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How far have you driven to inspect a 2002?

jgerock

100 miles each way with a $130 ferry ride , begged my wife to come with me so I could drive it back, had to buy her breakfast lunch and dinner, and pay 600 bucks more than the asking price to get it, (another buyer-and a counter offer deal). Seller wanted cash, I didn't have it all, it was Sunday no banks open, did a Sunday cash advance on my visa with a 3% surchage and instant interest, and..... I was really happy to have it.

1972 Bavaria (sold)

1985 535i (sold)

1986 535i (sold)

1996 328is daily driver

1973 2002

1968 Porsche 912

1973 Triumph TR6

2 - 2012 Hotwheels BMW 2002s (Inka and Chamonix) 0 miles! (both are #21 of 247!!)

I drove from MD to NC and a total of 700 roundtrip miles. Unfortunately the car was in worst shape than described. But the price was right, and I ended up driving her back with a bad axle, bad tie rods, bad u-joints, and no electrical working. How I survived the trip back, and at night and in the rain, I have no idea. Ha! But she is still being restored and is finishing nicely. Probably won't do anything as impulsive as that again.

Eric

I've been 500 miles round trip to get an Alfa Romeo with a fellow FAQer. I pulled a '54 Ford Pickup Bed trailer with dryrotted tires 400 miles round trip to get an outboard motor once.

On the brilliant ideas topic I drove my 02 when I first got it with 20 year old Michelin XAS's for at least 5000 miles....

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

Flew 1300+ miles to pick up a 76 Verona in Dallas. Drove it non-stop to within 5 miles of home in Arlington, Virginia, when the rod bearings went. Would probably do it again. My learning curve is TIG welded to the x-axis.

williamggruff

'76 2002 "Verona" / '12 Fiat 500 Sport "Latte" / '21 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road Prem “The Truck”

This past summer I was flying from Florida to New Jersey for a friends wedding when I found out about and '02 for sale in Vermont. Drove 550 miles round trip from NJ to VT the day after the wedding. Bought the car and has it shipped back to Florida.

'71 2002 - #1679342 Schwarz

'89 Chevy c1500 Pickup - Just restored

2011 Subaru Legacy "dd"

Had a '73 Malaga '02 from 1975 to 1990. Kick myself for selling:(