• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is the most stuff you have put in an 02?

mrdew

Jim,

It was hard to say whether the mower helped or hurt the ride quality. I bought the mower at the Lowes located half a mile from my house, so I didn't have time to give it a fair assessment. I've since replaced the struts, shocks and springs. But I still have the springs if you'd like to give it a try with your tii ;-)

Grice

williamggruff

'76 2002 "Verona" / '12 Fiat 500 Sport "Latte" / '21 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road Prem “The Truck”

Summer of '86, packed for a month long Pacific NW and Canada family road trip... luggage for two adults, two kids, camping gear, small tool kit and the rear Koni's because Dad had the air shocks in for the trip. He repaired something with the shift linkage in Calgary....

Many many Boy Scout backpacking trips with all four bags neatly packed in the trunk. The other families with their Volvo Wagons and Jeep Cherokees stood in amazement as Dad and I packed and easily closed the trunk with all that gear inside.

Oh, last year I packed a total of 8 transmissions all in the trunk of my Red. Took them down to the SoCal Vintage Meet to deliver to Jack Fahuna... 7 4-speeds and one K-bike trans. Dammit if I forgot to get a picture of it...

If y'all think '02 trunks are huge, wait'll you see the trunk of a Neue Klasse sedan in person, especially one with the earlier upright taillights that have the low load opening....

Tom Jones

BMW wrench for 30 years, BMWCCA since 1984 at age 9
66 BMW16oo stored, 67 1600-2 lifelong project, 2 more 67-8 1600s, 86 528e 5sp 586k, 91 318i
Mom&Dad's, 65 1800TiSA, 70 2800, 72 2002Tii 2760007 orig owners, 15 Z4 N20

If y'all think '02 trunks are huge, wait'll you see the trunk of a Neue Klasse sedan in person, especially one with the earlier upright taillights that have the low load opening....

You haven't seen a big trunk yet till you see an E3 Bavaria trunk. Jeffery Dahmer could have stored a lot of bodies in a E3 trunk.

G-Man

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner

And I thought I won the most people in an 02 award... I got a total of 7 in. One was sitting on the E-brake pretty much, that was some funny stuff!!

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

And I thought I won the most people in an 02 award... I got a total of 7 in. One was sitting on the E-brake pretty much, that was some funny stuff!!

Would you believe I once had 11 people in my first '02 in high school! Never mind what we were doing, not long after that my differential broke...always wondered if it was related.

A little OT, but the first two months I courted my future wife we had her, two of her sisters (one of which was kinda large), two of my buddies (one of whom was 6'-4") and me, all in my 1959 Porsche 356A. Tight would be an understatement. You ever been in the "backseat" of a 356A?

Bob Napier

1. Six 5 foot long 6x6" guard rail posts (like crossties, but shorter)

2. Four fenders, two running boards, two headlight buckets, a wheel, four cowl panels and the hood to my '48 Fiat Topolino (think 2/3 scale VW parts) to take 'em to the sandblaster. With the trunk closed!

3. A 12 x 12 foot broadloom carpet, folded up in the trunk--again with the trunk closed.

4. An antique pie safe, approx 5 feet tall and a 5 drawer wood file cabinet--on a roof rack (not at the same time!)

This was before I bought a truck!

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Kudos for getting a picture. Many of us have stuffed an 02, but we are usually in shock after we got everything packed in to think of getting a picture.

It is a nice feeling to go to a store and get something and have no worries that it will fit in the car, someway or another.

It's about the only time I use the sunroof.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

My wife and I had found a futon on Craigslist. We took the 2002 because we just wanted to see it. Well, the owner was moving the next day and gave us a hell of a deal. So we went to a Home Depot, bought some rope, and tied the futon to the roof of my 2002. We then stuffed the trunk and back seats with the cushions.

I wish I had taken photos.....

David G.
1989 Volvo 240 Wagon "Da Brick" Daily driver
1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R "Hitomi" Sleeping. Waiting for NEO VVL!!
1976 BMW 2002 "Diana" The never ending project!!!