• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fjord vs. baikal (vs. turkis)

Only my opinion, but I would stick with the original color especially if it was a rare a beautiful color like Turkis. Changing colors in my view hurts the value of the car and I personally would avoid it unless I really hated the original color. I have a 73tii that was originally Ceylon and while there are other colors I like better I will keep the car that color. You can find Turkis cars by using Google images and just enter BMW 2002 Turkis. Of course it is your car so make yourself happy.

Ceylon 1973 2002tii 2762669

1972 Austin Mini 1275 traded

1970 Barracuda Convertible

1974 Schwarz 2002

1955 Chevy Bel Air 2 Dr Hardtop

in 38 years--and I don't think I've ever seen a Turkis tii. It's a quintessential 70s' color. My vote: keep it original and keep it Turkis. It'll grow on you, and like several other 02 colors, looks not so good when worn and dull, but very good when nice and shiny. A modern two step paint with clear coat will really pop!

But it's your car!

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

I have learned that any original ' 02 color looks great to me as long as it is shiny & the car is well preserved. Conversely, any of the orig. colors can look ugly if there is oxidized paint, rust, dents, & other forms of neglect.

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

...can't decide between fjord or baikal or turkis ...

Turkis is a pretty color. Besides, you wouldn't have to change your screen name. Seriously, pick the one you like best but stick to the period correct color chart.

Dirk

BMW Classic Car Club of America - www.bmwccca.com

'73 2002 tii - '72 2002 (targa) Cabriolet - '71 2002 (voll) Cabriolet - '71 2002 Rally - '71 2002 Alpina A2 - '70 2002 ti - '68 1600 GT - '65 1800 TI

It's not easy to find good pictures of turkis but you can find some with google picture search. It is difficult color because in some light it's very greenish as you say but in other circumstance it's lot more blue. Beautiful and rare anyway - keep it! I've been contemplating between taiga and turkis with my bare-metal...

Tommy

Here's couple examples using Google.

turkislu5.jpg

2006_0604BMW0020Large.jpg

Racing is Life - everything before and after is just waiting!

I have a 1973 in Turkis...in real life its darker than color charts, it doesnt seem to come out how it really looks in a photo either..its a bloody fabulous colour .

Just another opinion....

Turkis is my favorite "different" metallic color. The cab pictured looks most like the ones I've seen, what I'd call a "pretty" color. Not that men don't, but women look great in it.

Bakail is my favorite "subtle" metallic color. I have a 72 3.0cs in bakail and I think it's a very "handsome" color. Not much not to like.

Fjord is a great "middle" color metallic. Not too flashy, even when fresh with clearcoat, not too subtle. Some colors "age" well, like Verona, and look good with some patina. Fjord aint one of them.

Then there's my all time favorite, Riviera. Rich, almost French blue, but with a little grey. Not metallic, and thus simple, and subtle, and a little retro, which looks very fresh again (think Nevada, Florida, Bristol, and even Sahara look super and not too blingy...)

As I said, just another opinion...Two other things; consider what color interior you have, as its all part of the package. Also, If I had an original Turkis car, it would stay Turkis. I dont think you will kick yourself for any of your options, tho... Good luck, Dave V. in NC

76 02 Nevada

76 02 Taiga project

72 3.0cs Baikail not done

74 3.0cs Polaris almost done

72 3.0cs Chamonix almost compost