• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Creative Uses for the "Fasten Belts" light...?

3elements

Has anybody out there come up with a creative use for the Fasten Seat Belts dash sign? Changed the wording? Made it a shift light? Rigged it to display your radio or ipod info?

Steve E.

www.theportabledad.com

1974 Sahara 2002

1974 R75/6 (Sold!) :(

This is a fertile land, and we will thrive. We will rule over all this land, and we will call it…This Land

use the hole for installation of a Triumph TR6 wrinkle finish slim metal ashtray for coins, etc?

I've often thought about this, as a period looking alternative to electrical gizmos.

paul wegweiser

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com

a 3 gauge pod atop the dash (oil press, oil temp and volts)--a much better place for extra gauges than the console, as you don't have to look away from the road to see 'em at a glance. The base is screwed to the dash using the existing holes, and the gauge pod is velcroed (!) to the base. Been working just fine since 1988/9 or so...

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

use the hole for installation of a Triumph TR6 wrinkle finish slim metal ashtray for coins, etc?

I've often thought about this, as a period looking alternative to electrical gizmos.

paul wegweiser

That's probably what Charles Runyan from the Roadster Factory would recommend, perhaps he should add it to his lengthly email updates and catalog descriptions (the ashtray may be one part that they're not backordered on)

paul wegweiser

http://www.zeni.net/trf/TR6-250GC/224.php?s_wt=1280&s_ht=800

Interesting. My dash is already cracked around the seat belt light anyway, probably not too big a sin to put a little more of a hole in it.

-Charlie

02incarsig.jpg

'76 02 http://tinyurl.com/granatrot76 - '89 325is (M50'd) -'98 318ti -'94 Vandura 2500 - '03 Z4 (very, very green) - '07 F800s, beemer