• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"The Stance Thread"

oz_tom

• 2 months later...

Hey all, I;ve got scope on some Zender Sports locally.
15x7 with 30 offset, so just want to clarify these will need 5mm spacer to be happy fitment?
The tyres that come with it are 205/55, will these give much grief more than a fender roll could fix?...

Zender Sport Wheel.JPG

8 minutes ago, Steven Hage said:

Those tires are probably too tall and might rub, but yes 15x7 et25 is the "happy place" for most stock body 2002s

I have a set of 5 euroweaves in perfect shape that I might let go

• 3 months later...
On 6/6/2019 at 1:03 PM, SmoresTM said:

1d6d6c79a7b8808464b54b40f77d6165.jpg

Coils are spun all the way down and I still want it to be lower. What’s wrong with me?

Well, I’ve gone slightly in the wrong direction (up) but at least the car is painted… among other things! The wheels still need to be refinished, but I wanted to enjoy it for a few months before putting it away for the winter. Will be sorting the front suspension out this winter so it’s closer to the pre-paint setup. 

Wheels: 3pc Gotti 150s - 15x7 et+34 and 15x8 et+30. Not 100% on spacer specs (it’s been a while since I ordered them) but I think front spacers are 10mm and rears are 15mm for a +24/+15 effective offset. 

Tires: Yoko S-Drives 195/45 (RIP)

Suspension: GC coilover conversion kit on TII struts. Currently running the wrong Eibach springs, thus the height issue, but the right GC springs are ready to go in. Rears are cut IE stage 2 springs and Bilstein Sports. 

White car is my buddy’s ‘76. Not sure what the specs on his Panasports but they’re 14s and he’s on cut upgraded springs. Sits great, handles great, and it’s way faster than my car. 

L1002261.jpeg

L1002172.jpeg

Edited by SmoresTM
  • Like 3

-Sam

1976 Pastellblau Project

8 hours ago, TobyB said:

this thread is like herpes...

Yeah it also won’t go away no matter how much you keep picking at it 😁

Edited by visionaut
…clarifying that I’m only poking at TB here — not you, in the general sense — cuz it’s kinda known that since this notorious thread originated that he’s got opinions…. Me? I likes ‘em wide and twisty-ready. :P
  • Haha 3

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com   

Installed a set of Danjer extended lower control arms and dialled in some more negative camber. Waiting for 12mm rear wheel spacers. Corner 2 at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park (Mosport) Ontario, Canada. 🇨🇦

Photo credit: John R. Walker @onewordimages 

IMG_0227.jpeg

Edited by Senna27
  • Like 3

1975 - 2002 - Sabine - Jade

2010 Toyota Matrix XR

Remember: RACECAR spelled backwards is RACECAR

• 2 weeks later...

Three iterations for my '73. Bilsteins and 185/70 r13 Kumho Solus throughout:

I1: Stock springs w/ spacers removed, stock rims

image.thumb.jpeg.b725ea58c3a246b0f96d36e725cc1217.jpeg

I2: Stock springs cut 2 coils up front and 1 in back, stock rims

• I love the look. The ride was a bit harsh on bumpy Minneapolis pot-holed streets

image.thumb.jpeg.e8224d16c455f421dbc11be4e6a57e56.jpeg

I3: H&R Progressive Sports, 22m/19mm sway bars, IE Fixed Camber plates, E21 Turbine rims

• excellent handling in the twisty mountain roads
  • smooth ride around town
  • i understand why many swear by this setup (with Bilstein HD)

image.thumb.jpeg.d37059a8a1785d137da4c061bc6eb171.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.92ffda450ae7a5c6bd48de9268e72c98.jpeg

• Like 4

--

'73 Sahara numbers matching 

'74 Mintgrun sunroof car w/ oem Golde deflector, euro bumpers, 5spd, owned since 2002