• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"The Stance Thread"

oz_tom

3 hours ago, Mike G said:

H&R springs, bilstein HDs, yoko s drives 195/50/15. 

First pics are corrado steelies 15x6 et 35

they rubbed on the inside when turning hard & compressing the front end. 

second set is RH 15x7 et 25. The front passenger rubs on the fender when turning, I’m going to roll the lip and hope for the best for now. 

622D0576-15F0-428B-BDDD-886AC8A17279.jpeg

E316BED8-B800-4149-9FFC-6BEDEF4BEDD0.jpeg

98B6935B-0EC8-4589-91B9-60CC354C9027.jpeg

71FB18D0-75D6-4B4A-9E26-C83ECCF738BE.jpeg

3AAE9CE2-4A77-4980-9BBA-8F1D35B3AD72.jpeg

Looks good with the RH. Maybe run a smaller tire and it might not rub. 

• Thanks 1

new wheel set up

15x8 +17 Work VS-XX with toyo R888R 205/50/15 

3mm spacer up front to clear steering knuckle. should be able to take that out when i put the ie offset Roll-center spacers

now just to get it lower to the ground with ground control and ie goodies

NJF_2769.jpg

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, 02rusty said:

new wheel set up

15x8 +17 Work VS-XX with toyo R888R 205/50/15 

3mm spacer up front to clear steering knuckle. should be able to take that out when i put the ie offset Roll-center spacers

now just to get it lower to the ground with ground control and ie goodies

NJF_2769.jpg

Love the Work VS. Can't wait to see when it's done. 

• 2 months later...

Wheels: Panasport 15 x 6 ET 29

Tires: Bridgestone S03 - 195/50/15

Suspension: Eibach Springs (lowered approx. 1.5"), KONI Struts w/ adjustable fronts, adjustable Camber Plates, Ireland front Strut Bar, Urethane Bushings, Turbo Front Sway Bar, Dinan adjustable Rear Sway Bar.

Front and rear lips are rolled up but not sure if they needed to be with this setup, no rubbing.

Update: The above was my previous setup.

I wasn't completely happy when I installed the adjustable camber plates. They raised the front so I had to install rear spring pads to level the body. That affected the handling. Perhaps the change in roll center made the car twitchy? 

Anyway, I removed the rear spring pads and cut 1 coil out of the front springs. That modification transformed the car. And since I've gone from Bridgestone S03 to RE-71R tires, the car is perfect. Those are the best tires I have ever had on a street car. The adjustable damping on the front KONI shocks allow you to dial in as much understeer/oversteer you want in a matter of seconds, with the turn of a knob.

I spent last Monday (as I do every August) driving passengers around the infamous Mosport (now Canadian Tire Motorsport Park) north of Bowmanville ON. The Ride-Along event is called "Celebration of Speed" and is a fundraiser for the Canadian Motorsport Hall of Fame. We had over 40 drivers offering rides in a variety of cars. Everything from Scott Goodyear driving a McLaren 12C GT and a P1 (had to watch my mirrors for him) to all sorts of Porches, Audis, BMWs and a couple Ariel Atoms among others. 

My setup is now the ideal combination of street/track performance. After owning Sabine for 36 years, I've finally got her dialed in perfectly!

IMG-3466.JPG

IMG-3467.JPG

IMG_1786.JPG

Edited by Senna27
  • Like 4

1975 - 2002 - Sabine - Jade

2010 Toyota Matrix XR

Remember: RACECAR spelled backwards is RACECAR

Yoko S-drives 195/50r15 up front and 205/50r15 rears. HR springs, I put a 1/4 spacer on the rear spring perch and the rears still rubbed a little. No rolling. Front rubbed occasionally but no longer. Rub went away eventually on the rears too, but to have rear passengers I either need another spacer or put 195's. 1500 miles or so in.

Weds Bavaria 15x7 wheels, unknown ET very small spacer up front to clear strut.

Edited by LikeStig
  • Like 1

The center of the chrome belt line is at about 30 1/8".  The tires are 185/70 13r Cinturato CN36's on FPW wheels (old school) with H&R springs, Koni Sports and ST sways.

The wider track (1.15 ") on the tii is evident.

2763309 - June 2018.jpg

Frau Blucher - 73 tii

Captain Biggles - 66 Triumph TR4a

• 2 weeks later...

I've wanted to contribute to this thread for years, so here we go. 

Three piece Gotti 150 wheels 

Front:15x7 et31 with an 8mm spacer up front for a final offset of +23 

Rear: 15x8 et30 with a 15mm spacer in the rear for a final offset of +15

Tires are Toyo Proxes T1R 195/45 on all four corners 

Suspension:

Fronts: Ground Controll coilover sleeves maxed out on stock length strut housings and IE camber plates

Rears: IE Stage 2 springs with one coil trimmed off and Bilstein sports on 2 dot pads

No rubbing even at full lock, which was very surprising considering the BBS RSs I had on there before with stock suspension did rub (but also had larger S-Drives). I'd like the rear to come down another hair so will probably opt for 1 dot pads in the future. Fronts can't get much lower without shortening the stut housing, which I may consider at some point but for now, it's close enough. 

The car has a ways to go, but at least I'm about 95% happy with the way she sits now. The last 5% is always the trickiest though, as I'm sure we all know. 

1976 BMW 2002.JPG

Edited by SmoresTM
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

-Sam

1976 Pastellblau Project

58 minutes ago, SmoresTM said:

I've wanted to contribute to this thread for years, so here we go. 

Three piece Gotti 150 wheels 

Front:15x7 et31 with an 8mm spacer up front for a final offset of +23 

Rear: 15x8 et30 with a 15mm spacer in the rear for a final offset of +15

Tires are Toyo Proxes T1R 195/45 on all four corners 

Suspension:

Fronts: Ground Controll coilover sleeves maxed out on stock length strut housings and IE camber plates

Rears: IE Stage 2 springs with one coil trimmed off and Bilstein sports on 2 dot pads

No rubbing even at full lock, which was very surprising considering the BBS RSs I had on there before with stock suspension did rub (but also had larger S-Drives). I'd like the rear to come down another hair so will probably opt for 1 dot pads in the future. Fronts can't get much lower without shortening the stut housing, which I may consider at some point but for now, it's close enough. 

The car has a ways to go, but at least I'm about 95% happy with the way she sits now. The last 5% is always the trickiest though, as I'm sure we all know. 

1976 BMW 2002.JPG

Looks good to me?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dennosaurus said:

BBS RS 001s with 205/50/15 square with Ground Control front coilovers and rear spring adjusters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Dennosaurus. I like this a lot.

Any rubbing issues with this size? Have you rolled the guards or anything?

Thanks

Hey Dennosaurus. I like this a lot.
Any rubbing issues with this size? Have you rolled the guards or anything?
Thanks

I have not rolled any of the fenders
The rears fit great with no spacer and no rubbing
The fronts have a Under full compression with some steering angle it will rub in the front a bit
I might be able to add camber to clear better if you want to add that much. I think I’m going to just switch to 195/50s in the front to mitigate it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

8-1/2” wide et25 215/45’s on the back with rolled lips, still have decent clearance, no rubbing.

7” wide et25 195/45’s

I test fitted 225/45’s on the back, it cleared, but I need to pull the coil out and have the rear trailing arm go through travel, to see if they’ll actually not gonna rub. 

B7E7EB2F-F670-4F16-8CF9-87047FE3AB78.jpeg

Edited by Doug Riparetti

• 3 weeks later...

my 2 different set ups, just sold the 16's and now on 15's (until i get sick of them!)

-- Suspension - Ground Control Coilovers

-- 1st pic is BBS RS 16x8 (2 inch slant lips) , 205/45's Dunlop Direzza all around (was running spacers but don't know the sizes of them off hand) 

-- 2nd pic is Ronal LS 15x7.5 , 205/50's Kumho Ecsta all around (also running spacers to clear brakes and strut tower - don't know spacer sizes but can look if anyone needs to know)

2002_16x8.JPG

2002_15x75.JPG

Edited by DaveDel82
  • Like 5