• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

235/5 CR Trans

markmac

On 12/8/2023 at 12:11 PM, markmac said:

Update on output flange, email this morning from WN that the part is back in stock, they sent me an invoice with it, sent them a note back that I wanted a half dozen other fiddly parts associated with the trans, revised quote (within 10 minutes), paid, order is going out today.

Platinum Start A+++ to them for their customer service.  I haven't ever purchased from them before so I am pretty pleased.

[My stupid mistake for panicking about finding that part, should have just emailed them, instead I paid 2x for it]

My orders with WN have all been exemplary. A+++ all the way. Good communications, product shipped on time and as ordered.

Jason

• Like 2

1973 2002tii (2764167), Baikal, Rebuild blog here!

In the past: Verona H&B 1973 2002tii (2762913); Malaga 1975 2002; White 1975 2002

--> Blog: Repro tii cold start relay;   + --> Need an Alpina A4 tuning guide? PM me!

Order received 12/18, no fuss, no muss (that said I haven't opened the package yet).  My wife has it under the tree - we spent so much on the house over the past two years that its going to be a pretty 'light' Christmas as far as presents go.  We are all lucky, we have so much.  I am thankful.

• Like 2

On 12/19/2023 at 1:53 PM, JsnPpp said:

My orders with WN have all been exemplary. A+++ all the way. Good communications, product shipped on time and as ordered.

Jason

Walloth Nesch was an excellent supplier for many of the parts on my 69 (as well as Blunt tech).

• Like 2

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

I had to open the box....all there, as expected.  I ordered some of the other fiddly parts (bushings, collar nut/protection ring).  Not unexpected, but quite a difference in the used POS part I bought used (buyer beware from that guy, he should have never sold that part).

PXL_20231221_170034546.MP.jpg

PXL_20231221_170040652.MP.jpg

PXL_20231221_170051578.jpg

• Like 4

I was thinking the same thing.  Guessing that that collared nut and protection ring thingy are likewise being made for them by someone.  I didn't have the protection ring, but the collared nut that is on there now is just about as much chewed up as the flange.

• Like 1

Seems reasonable, the good news is I guess is that WN makes (or is having made) those as well, so you don't have to buy someone's trash off of Ebay.  Eur 579,00, another of those items Toby alluded to that is being made up in some machine shop over there.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BarrettN said:

Yikes - all these chewed up hard to find parts is making me worried about what I'll find when I get to inspecting the Getrag 229 on my car! 

Barret, I'd have a spare once the ZF is in my car

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TobyB said:

I'd love to see the shops of the people making these (essentially one- off) parts for W&N...

https://www.youtube.com/@tandlergetriebefabrik1906
Not sure if Tandler are making them for W&N or GMT but I can ask them the next time I am there.
However if they do they have some agreement not to sell the parts to anybody else.

TANDLER-RACING-DRIVES.COM

Hochwertige Kegelradsätze und Verzahnungsteile TANDLER: Leidenschaft für Verzahnungstechnik und Motorsport   Wir sind eine Verzahnungsmanufaktur, die nach Muster oder Zeichnung Zahnräder neu produziert – von der Maßaufnahme über die Auslegung bis...

Edited by uai
  • Thanks 1

being made up in some machine shop over there.

The machining is the easy part.

I'm far more interested in the casting and forging operations...  the stuff we can no longer do here.

the Tandler videos look cool (and they're hiring!)

but all they show is the post- forming machining...

t

fire.  lots and lots of fire.

• Like 2

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

• 2 weeks later...

Surfing through the Racecars Direct website and came across this......Hmnnnn.  Kind of reminds of the jacked up input flange that I bought off of Ebay.  And the advert says ' all worn parts replaced.....'  er, a, er, I mean most of the worn parts replaced.  Hmmmnnn.

WWW.RACECARSDIRECT.COM

Fully rebuilt ultra rare Getrag 235/5 E10 2002 close ratio Dogleg gearbox for sale.

477890.jpg

• Like 1