• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carb Tuning Abilities

jimk

WWW.SPEEDHUNTERS.COM

A few weeks ago, when our editor Pedey told us that we were planning to run a special carburetor theme for...

Reminded me of this ode…

Enjoy! 😋

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com   

3 hours ago, conkitchen said:

I don't know about other fools out there, but I have really good success using a vacuum gauge then my nose & ears.  

Suppose this makes me a high school drop out. 

see tag line below

You should've seen the look on my neighbors face when I cut a couple feet of his water hose so I could make sure each intake sounded the same. 

• Haha 4

I started with my Renault's Solex 22ICBT (18mm venturi), worked my way up to a Solex, part 32 ICB body (Peugeot 403) jetted with the contents from a Dauphine's 32 ICBT, then to our 40mm single barrel Solexes on early 2002s, and finally to 32/36 Webers.  Still prefer Solexes (except the OEM 2 barrels on later 02s)...

Still haven't figured out SU carbs, despite taking 'em apart more than once.  

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

I figured out how to make the carbs on a Bavaria to work  before the factory produced their kit.

Carter AFB, Holley, Rochester, Weber, Zenith, Solex ,etc.  They all work on the same principle.

And all have their problems.  I'm no master but I can get them to work.  G

• Like 1