• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Electric 2002 Conversion

Casio vs Rolex....a piano vs electric keyboard....a record player vs cd player and plastic bumpers vs steel bumpers to name a few things that brings smiles.  Which will last the test of repair and value over time.  I can't remember, nor do I still have, the first electronic item I bought.  I do have most of first everything, I bought, that isn't battery operated.  Food for thought....  It is a great marketing idea for making money and the disposable society.  It is cool.... for now.

fwiw

Matt

Edited by Schnellvintage
typo
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, Schnellvintage said:

I can't remember, nor do I still have, the first electronic item I bought. 

I still have the little Japanese AM/shortwave 7 transistor portable radio (paperback book size) that I bought in 1962--back when those transistors--and all the other items--were individually soldered to a circuit board.  Still works too!

And even older, I have my aunt and uncle's 1941 Philco console radio (also AM/Shortwave)--all tubes--that they bought new, and it still works.  There's just not much on AM any more other than talk shows...

mike

• Like 1

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

wow that's awesome.  Patrick O'neil told awhile back he has given some thought to this as well... I would love to see one up close.

'76 02 (Nellie) daily driver since '94

'76 02 (Oscar) sunroof restore since '10

My sister has my grandpa's wind up with a crank Edison phonograph player with 1/4 inch thick records.  She asked me if  I wanted it. I replied no, electric devices are more convenient.  Not sure about cars though.

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

I tried once. 

The 2002 is pretty lightweight for what I was doing then.

I now have an E21 that might work, an EV1 motor, a Toyota inverter-

and maybe I'll try with that.

Batteries are a big pain in the wallet, though.

t

• Like 1

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

Bravo! But wrong forum: this site is populated by die-hard, gasoline-addicted petrol-heads who’d rather die than face the future of climate crises and associated effects of escalating carbon emissions. Uk, EU, and a very few US companies are providing drop-in replacements to “tuners” for many cars, to replace the business devoted to the fossil fuel economy. I read that 100,000 auto shops will go out of business due to electrification. If you are a tuner-oriented business, stayed tuned or drop out!

'72 BMW 2002tii

'00 Porsche 911

3 hours ago, fjord-tii said:

I read that 100,000 auto shops will go out of business due to electrification. If you are a tuner-oriented business, stayed tuned or drop out!

Meanwhile on the other side of the planet…

shannons-club-image-square.jpg
WWW.SHANNONS.COM.AU

Read up and post an answer to Aussie-made synthetic fuel: ensuring our classic car future. Shannons Club Forum is for...

if the US goes all electric you can send all your lovely 02’s here…. Please convert the steering to the correct side first😜

• Haha 2

Industrial/agricultural complex vehicles and airplanes won't be left behind.  There will be fuel available.

• Like 1

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.